MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Tuesday, April 11, 2023 at 6:35 PM ET
- Where: PNC Park in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- How to Watch on TV: SportsNet PT
|Astros||-1.5 (-103)||O 9.5 (+155)||-172|
|Pirates||+1.5 (-113)||U 9.5 (-192)||+146|
|Pitching Probables: HOU: Javier (R) PIT: Keller (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Astros vs. Pirates, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Houston Astros (5-6) are favorites (-172) on the moneyline when they take on the Pittsburgh Pirates (6-4) Tuesday at 6:35 PM ET, live on SportsNet PT. Cristian Javier gets the starting nod for Houston while Mitch Keller is Pittsburgh’s starter for the contest.
Astros vs. Pirates 2023 Key Stats
- The Astros score the seventh-most runs in baseball (55 total, 5.0 per game).
- The Astros rank 17th in MLB action with 10 total home runs.
- Houston ranks 14th in the majors with a .250 batting average.
- The Astros rank eighth in MLB with an on-base percentage of .336.
- Houston ranks 23rd in baseball with a .368 slugging percentage.
- The Pirates have scored 44 runs (4.4 per game) this season, which ranks 21st in MLB.
- Pittsburgh’s 12 home runs rank 10th in Major League Baseball.
- The Pirates rank 23rd in MLB with a .232 team batting average.
- Pittsburgh has an OBP of .311 this season, which ranks 24th in MLB.
- Fueled by 31 extra-base hits, the Pirates rank 19th in MLB with a .405 slugging percentage this season.
Astros vs. Pirates Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Astros are playing as the moneyline favorite in their first game this season.
- Houston has not played a game with moneyline odds of -172 or shorter.
- The Astros have an implied moneyline win probability of 63.2% in this contest.
- Bookmakers have not set a total for any of Houston’s games yet this season.
- The Astros have not had a spread set for a matchup this season.
- The Pirates have not played a game this season while listed as the underdog.
- Pittsburgh has not been a bigger underdog this season than the +146 moneyline set for this game.
- The oddsmakers’ moneyline implies a 40.7% chance of a victory for the Pirates.
- This will be the first time this season Pittsburgh will play in a game with a total set by bookmakers
- The Pirates will be playing their first game this season with a spread.
|Cristian Javier (HOU)||Pitcher||Mitch Keller (PIT)|
|1 – 0||W/L||1 – 0|
Astros Key Hitters
- Yordan Alvarez leads Houston in home runs with three, runs batted in with 16 and his batting average of .333 is also best on his team.
- Alvarez’s home runs rank him eighth in baseball, and he is first in RBI.
- Kyle Tucker leads Houston in home runs with three while driving in 11 runs and slugging .564.
- Tucker is eighth in homers and fifth in RBI in the majors.
- Chas McCormick is slashing .258/.361/.516 this season for the Astros.
- McCormick is batting .258 with two homers over the course of his last eight outings while also on a three-game hitting streak.
- Jeremy Pena has collected 10 hits this season and has an OBP of .269. He’s slugging .417 on the year.
- Pena will look to extend his three-game hitting streak. He’s batting .261 with two homers over the course of his last five games.
Pirates Key Hitters
- Bryan Reynolds paces the Pirates in home runs (five), runs batted in (14) and has accumulated a team-best batting average of .366.
- In all of the majors, Reynolds ranks first in home runs and second in RBI.
- Andrew McCutchen is hitting .333 with two doubles, a home run and eight walks.
- Among all MLB batters, McCutchen ranks 99th in home runs and 166th in RBI.
- Carlos Santana is batting .237 with two doubles, two home runs and five walks.
- Ji-Hwan Bae has two doubles, a home run and a walk while batting .250.
ClutchBet is Iowa’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!