MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Tuesday, May 9, 2023 at 7:20 PM ET
- Where: Truist Park in Atlanta, Georgia
- How to Watch on TV: TBS
|Braves||-1.5 (+106)||O 9.5 (-112)||-181|
|Red Sox||+1.5 (-125)||U 9.5 (-113)||+153|
|Pitching Probables: ATL: Morton (R) BOS: Pivetta (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Braves vs. Red Sox, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Atlanta Braves (24-11) host the Boston Red Sox (21-15) at 7:20 PM ET Tuesday in a meeting between two of the league’s best hitters. Ronald Acuna Jr. is batting .338 this year (fourth in the league) for the favored Braves (-181), while Masataka Yoshida ranks ninth in the majors with a .321 average for the underdog Red Sox. Atlanta’s Charlie Morton and Boston’s Nick Pivetta have been named the starters for this contest.
Braves vs. Red Sox 2023 Key Stats
- The Braves are the fifth-highest scoring team in the majors, averaging 5.4 runs per game (188 total).
- The Braves are second-best in MLB action with 58 total home runs.
- Atlanta is eighth in MLB with a .260 batting average.
- The Braves rank fourth in baseball with an on-base percentage of .340.
- Atlanta is second in MLB, slugging .465.
- The Red Sox have scored 208 runs this season, which ranks third in MLB.
- Boston has hit 47 homers this season, which ranks fifth in the majors.
- The Red Sox rank second in MLB with a .271 team batting average.
- Boston has an on-base percentage of .341 this season, which ranks third in baseball.
- The Red Sox rank fourth in the majors with a .452 team slugging percentage.
Braves vs. Red Sox Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Braves have won 68.2% of the games this season when they were the moneyline favorite (15-7).
- When it has played as moneyline favorites with odds of -181 or shorter, Atlanta has a 6-1 record (winning 85.7% of its games).
- The Braves have an implied moneyline win probability of 64.4% in this matchup.
- Atlanta has played in 23 games with over/under set, and have combined with opponents to go over the total 17 times (17-6-0).
- The Braves have a 10-14-0 record ATS this season (covering 41.7% of the time).
- The Red Sox have entered the game as underdogs 20 times this season and won 11, or 55%, of those games.
- Boston has played as an underdog of +153 or more twice this season and split those games.
- Bookmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Red Sox have a 39.5% chance to win.
- So far this season, Boston and its opponents have hit the over in 18 of its 25 games with a total.
- The Red Sox are 14-12-0 ATS in their 26 games with a spread this season.
|Charlie Morton (ATL)||Pitcher||Nick Pivetta (BOS)|
|3 – 3||W/L||2 – 2|
Braves Key Hitters
- Acuna leads Atlanta in batting average (.338) this season while adding six home runs and 21 RBI.
- Acuna’s home runs rank him 43rd in baseball, and he ranks 33rd in RBI.
- Sean Murphy is a key run producer for Atlanta with a .282 average, nine homers and 28 RBI.
- Murphy ranks seventh in homers and seventh in RBI in the majors.
- Ozzie Albies has collected 39 base hits, an OBP of .324 and a slugging percentage of .543 this season.
- Matt Olson leads Atlanta in home runs with 10 while driving in 27 runs and slugging .530.
- Olson enters this game on a six-game hitting streak. In his last five games he’s hitting .238 with two homers.
Red Sox Key Hitters
- Rafael Devers paces the Red Sox with 11 home runs and 34 runs batted in.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Devers ranks second in home runs and second in RBI.
- Alex Verdugo has 10 doubles, a triple, five home runs and 14 walks while hitting .307.
- Among all MLB batters, Verdugo is 67th in home runs and 61st in RBI.
- Yoshida paces the Red Sox with a .321 batting average.
- Yoshida has safely hit in 16 straight games. During his last 10 outings he is hitting .400 with four doubles, three home runs, three walks and nine RBI.
- Justin Turner is hitting .265 with seven doubles, two home runs and 16 walks.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!