MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Friday, April 21, 2023 at 7:20 PM ET
- Where: Truist Park in Atlanta, Georgia
- How to Watch on TV: Apple TV+
|Braves||-1.5 (-185)||O 8.5 (-125)||-117|
|Astros||+1.5 (+156)||U 8.5 (-102)||+100|
|Pitching Probables: ATL: Elder (R) HOU: Brown (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Braves vs. Astros, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Atlanta Braves (14-5) and Houston Astros (9-10) meet Friday at Truist Park, starting at 7:20 PM ET on Apple TV+. The Braves are -117 moneyline favorites for the contest, however, the Astros are favored against the spread of 1.5 runs with +156 odds. Bryce Elder will get the ball for Atlanta while Houston will counter with Hunter Brown.
Braves vs. Astros 2023 Key Stats
- The Braves are the eighth-highest scoring team in the majors, averaging 5.1 runs per game (97 total).
- The Braves are fourth-best in baseball with 27 total home runs.
- Atlanta ranks fifth in MLB with a .263 batting average.
- The Braves’ .345 on-base percentage ranks fifth-best in MLB.
- Atlanta ranks fourth in baseball, slugging .443.
- The Astros have scored the 10th-most runs in the league this season with 96.
- Houston has hit 19 homers this season, which ranks 18th in the majors.
- The Astros rank 12th in MLB with a .250 team batting average.
- Houston has an on-base percentage of .330 this season, which ranks 12th in the majors.
- The Astros are 21st in MLB with a slugging percentage of .382 this season.
Braves vs. Astros Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Braves have won 87.5% of the games this season when they were the moneyline favorite (7-1).
- When playing as moneyline favorites with odds of -117 or shorter, Atlanta has a record of 7-1 (87.5%).
- The implied moneyline probablility for this matchup gives the Braves a 53.9% chance to win.
- Atlanta has combined with opponents to hit the over on the total six times this season for a 6-2-0 record against the over/under.
- The Braves have gone 3-5-0 against the spread this season.
- The Astros won the only game they’ve played as the underdog this season.
- Houston has not entered a game this season as a bigger underdog on the moneyline than the +100 odds on it winning this game.
- The implied probability of a win by the Astros, based on the moneyline, is 50%.
- Houston and its opponents have hit the over in five of its eight games with a total this season.
- The Astros are 4-4-0 against the spread this season.
|Bryce Elder (ATL)||Pitcher||Hunter Brown (HOU)|
|2 – 0||W/L||2 – 0|
Braves Key Hitters
- Ronald Acuna Jr. leads Atlanta with a batting average of .367. He’s also hit three home runs with 11 RBI.
- Acuna ranks 57th in homers and 53rd in RBI among all batters in MLB.
- Matt Olson leads Atlanta in home runs with six and runs batted in with 20.
- Olson is fifth in homers and second in RBI this year.
- Sean Murphy is slashing .259/.420/.611 this season for the Braves.
- Austin Riley has collected 20 hits this season and has an OBP of .376. He’s slugging .479 on the year.
Astros Key Hitters
- Kyle Tucker leads the Astros with four home runs.
- Among all hitters in the majors, Tucker ranks 22nd in home runs and 17th in RBI.
- Tucker takes a three-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .333 with a double, five walks and two RBI.
- Yordan Alvarez has put his power on display as he paces his team with four home runs and 21 runs batted in.
- Alvarez ranks 22nd among hitters in the majors in homers, and first in RBI.
- Jeremy Pena is hitting .211 with six doubles, three home runs and four walks.
- Alex Bregman has two doubles, two home runs and 13 walks while hitting .216.
- Bregman brings a three-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .263 with a double, three walks and an RBI.
ClutchBet is Iowa’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!