MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Sunday, April 23, 2023 at 1:30 PM ET
- Where: Truist Park in Atlanta, Georgia
- How to Watch on TV: MLB Network
|Pitching Probables: ATL: Fried (L) HOU: Javier (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Braves vs. Astros, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Houston Astros (11-10) will look to Yordan Alvarez, with homers in two straight games, to pull off an upset win over the Atlanta Braves (14-7) Sunday at Truist Park. The Braves are -140 moneyline favorites for the game, which starts at 1:30 PM ET live on MLB Network. Max Fried will get the ball for Atlanta while Houston will counter with Cristian Javier.
Braves vs. Astros 2023 Key Stats
- The Braves have the No. 11 offense in MLB action scoring five runs per game (104 total runs).
- The Braves average 1.4 home runs per game to rank fourth in MLB play with 29 total home runs.
- Atlanta ranks seventh in the majors with a .259 batting average.
- The Braves’ .338 on-base percentage ranks seventh-best in MLB.
- Atlanta’s .436 slugging percentage is sixth-best in MLB.
- The Astros are among the highest scoring teams in the majors, ranking seventh with 108 total runs this season.
- Houston has hit 22 homers this season, which ranks 19th in the majors.
- The Astros rank 11th in MLB with a .254 team batting average.
- Houston has the 11th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.330).
- Fueled by 54 extra-base hits, the Astros rank 18th in MLB with a .389 slugging percentage this season.
Braves vs. Astros Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Braves have won 70% of the games this season when they were the moneyline favorite (7-3).
- Atlanta has won all five games it has played as moneyline favorites with odds of -140 or shorter.
- Based on this game’s moneyline, the Braves’ implied win probability is 58.3%.
- Atlanta has played in 10 games with set over/under, and have combined with opponents to go over the total eight times (8-2-0).
- The Braves have collected a 3-7-0 record against the spread this season (covering only 30% of the time).
- The Astros have been listed as the underdog three times this season, yet they have won all of those games.
- Houston has not entered a game this season with longer moneyline odds than +120.
- The Astros have a 45.5% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- Games involving Houston have gone over the total set by oddsmakers in seven of 10 chances this season.
- The Astros are 6-4-0 against the spread this season.
|Max Fried (ATL)||Pitcher||Cristian Javier (HOU)|
|1 – 0||W/L||2 – 0|
Braves Key Hitters
- Ronald Acuna Jr. leads Atlanta in batting average (.375) this season while adding three home runs and 11 RBI.
- Acuna ranks 65th in home runs and 64th in RBI among all hitters in baseball.
- Acuna will look to extend his three-game hitting streak. He’s batting .381 in his last five outings.
- Matt Olson is batting .265 this season with a team-high six home runs and 20 RBI.
- Olson ranks eighth in homers and fifth in RBI this season.
- Sean Murphy has 15 hits this season and a slash line of .250/.416/.617.
- Ozzie Albies has collected 21 hits this season and has an OBP of .284. He’s slugging .458 on the year.
- Albies enters this game on a two-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he’s hitting .222 with two homers.
Astros Key Hitters
- Kyle Tucker is batting .288 with three doubles, five home runs and 16 walks.
- Among all batters in the majors, Tucker’s home run total puts him 15th, and his RBI total ranks 16th.
- Alvarez’s six home runs and 25 runs batted in are both team-highs.
- Alvarez ranks eighth overall in home runs and second in RBI this season.
- Alvarez has hit safely in two straight games. During his last five outings he is batting .167 with two home runs, three walks and five RBI.
- Alex Bregman is batting .232 with three doubles, two home runs and 15 walks.
- Bregman has hit safely in five straight games. During his last five outings he is batting .350 with two doubles, three walks and an RBI.
- Jeremy Pena is hitting .226 with six doubles, three home runs and four walks.
ClutchBet is Iowa’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!