MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Tuesday, August 1, 2023 at 7:20 PM ET
- Where: Truist Park in Atlanta, Georgia
- How to Watch on TV: BSSO
|Pitching Probables: ATL: Strider (R) LAA: Sandoval (L)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Braves vs. Angels, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
Expect the long ball when Matt Olson (36 HR) and the Atlanta Braves (67-37) take on Shohei Ohtani (39 HR) and the Los Angeles Angels (56-51) at Truist Park, beginning at 7:20 PM ET live on BSSO. The Braves are -243 favorites on the moneyline for the matchup. Spencer Strider takes the mound for Atlanta while Patrick Sandoval is Los Angeles’ starter for the contest.
Braves vs. Angels 2023 Key Stats
- The Braves score the second-most runs in baseball (584 total, 5.6 per game).
- The Atlanta Braves average 1.9 home runs per game and have hit a league-leading 200 home runs in total.
- Atlanta ranks second in the majors with a .269 batting average.
- The Braves rank second in baseball with an on-base percentage of .338.
- Atlanta is the top slugging team in baseball this season with a .495 slugging percentage.
- The Angels are among the highest scoring teams in the majors, ranking fifth with 533 total runs this season.
- Los Angeles’ 166 home runs rank third in Major League Baseball.
- The Angels rank seventh in MLB with a .256 team batting average.
- Los Angeles has an on-base percentage of .333 this season, which ranks fourth in baseball.
- The Angels rank fourth in the majors with a .449 team slugging percentage.
Braves vs. Angels Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Braves have won 66.3% of the games this season when they were the moneyline favorite (55-28).
- Atlanta has an 11-4 record (winning 73.3% of its games) when it has played as moneyline favorites of -243 or shorter.
- Based on this contest’s moneyline, the Braves’ implied win probability is 70.8%.
- Atlanta has combined with opponents to go over the total 50 times this season for a 50-37-0 record against the over/under.
- The Braves have covered 50.6% of their games this season, going 44-43-0 ATS.
- This season, the Angels have been the underdog 45 times and won 23, or 51.1%, of those games.
- Los Angeles has not been a bigger underdog this season than the +202 moneyline set for this game.
- The Angels have a 33.1% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- Los Angeles and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 43 of its 89 opportunities.
- The Angels have an ATS record of 47-46-0 in 93 games with a spread this season.
|Spencer Strider (ATL)||Pitcher||Patrick Sandoval (LAA)|
|11 – 3||W/L||6 – 7|
Braves Key Hitters
- Ronald Acuna Jr. leads Atlanta with a .333 batting average. He’s also hit 24 homers and has 61 RBI.
- Acuna is 13th in home runs and 32nd in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Olson is batting .263 this season with a team-high 36 home runs and 89 RBI.
- Olson ranks second in homers and first in RBI this season.
- Olson has a batting average of .444 with four homers over the course of his last five games and is on a six-game hit streak.
- Ozzie Albies is slashing .256/.318/.496 this season for the Braves.
- Austin Riley has collected 114 hits this season and has an OBP of .336. He’s slugging .505 on the year.
- Riley will look to extend his six-game hitting streak. He’s batting .368 with two homers over the course of his last five outings.
Angels Key Hitters
- Ohtani leads the Angels in home runs (39), runs batted in (81) and has accumulated a team-high batting average of .305.
- Ohtani ranks first in homers and third in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Ohtani has safely hit in five straight games. In his last five games he is hitting .533 with a double, three home runs, five walks and four RBI.
- Hunter Renfroe is batting .253 with 25 doubles, 17 home runs and 32 walks.
- Renfroe ranks 41st among batters in the majors in homers, and 84th in RBI.
- Randal Grichuk is batting .307 with 18 doubles, a triple, nine home runs and 18 walks.
- Luis Rengifo has nine doubles, three triples, 10 home runs and 33 walks while hitting .232.
- Rengifo brings a three-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .350 with two doubles, a triple, a home run, four walks and three RBI.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!