MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Wednesday, August 2, 2023 at 12:20 PM ET
- Where: Truist Park in Atlanta, Georgia
- How to Watch on TV: MLB Network
|Braves||-1.5 (+129)||O 10.5 (-105)||-149|
|Angels||+1.5 (-151)||U 10.5 (-120)||+127|
|Pitching Probables: ATL: Chirinos (R) LAA: Giolito (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Braves vs. Angels, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
Two of the league’s top power hitters will meet Wednesday when the Atlanta Braves (68-37) and Los Angeles Angels (56-52) take the field at 12:20 PM ET, live on MLB Network. Matt Olson has 36 home runs for the Braves (-149 favorites on the moneyline) while Shohei Ohtani has 39 homers this season for the Angels (+127). Yonny Chirinos starts for Atlanta while Lucas Giolito is Los Angeles’ starter for the contest.
Braves vs. Angels 2023 Key Stats
- The Braves score the second-most runs in baseball (589 total, 5.6 per game).
- The Atlanta Braves average 1.9 home runs per game and have hit a league-high 203 home runs in total.
- Atlanta has the second-best batting average in the majors (.269).
- The Braves are second in MLB with an on-base percentage of .339.
- Atlanta is the top slugging team in baseball this season with a .496 slugging percentage.
- The Angels have scored 534 runs this season, which ranks seventh in MLB.
- Los Angeles’ 166 home runs rank third in Major League Baseball.
- The Angels’ .255 batting average is among the best in baseball, ranking 10th in MLB.
- Los Angeles has an on-base percentage of .332 this season, which ranks fifth in baseball.
- Fueled by 354 extra-base hits, the Angels rank fourth in MLB with a .447 slugging percentage this season.
Braves vs. Angels Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Braves have won 56 of the 84 games they were listed as the moneyline favorite this season (66.7%).
- Atlanta has a 42-18 record (winning 70% of its games) when playing as moneyline favorites of -149 or shorter.
- The implied moneyline probablility for this matchup gives the Braves a 59.8% chance to win.
- In the 88 games in which oddsmakers have set an over/under for Atlanta, it has combined with opponents to go over the total 50 times (50-38-0).
- The Braves have put together a 45-43-0 record ATS this season (covering 51.1% of the time).
- The Angels have entered the game as underdogs 46 times this season and won 23, or 50%, of those games.
- Los Angeles has a record of 6-9 in games where sportsbooks have it as underdogs of at least +127 on the moneyline.
- Oddsmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Angels have a 44.1% chance to win.
- Games involving Los Angeles have gone over the total set by oddsmakers in 43 of 90 chances this season.
- The Angels are 47-47-0 ATS in their 94 games with a spread this season.
|Yonny Chirinos (ATL)||Pitcher||Lucas Giolito (LAA)|
|4 – 4||W/L||6 – 7|
Braves Key Hitters
- Ronald Acuna Jr. leads Atlanta in batting average (.331) this season while adding 24 home runs and 61 RBI.
- Acuna ranks 12th in home runs and 34th in RBI among all hitters in Major League Baseball.
- Olson leads Atlanta in home runs with 36 and runs batted in with 90.
- Olson ranks second in homers and first in RBI among all batters in Major League Baseball.
- Ozzie Albies has 103 hits this season and a slash line of .256/.317/.494.
- Austin Riley is batting .279 with an OBP of .338 and a slugging percentage of .505 this season.
- Riley is batting .421 with two homers over the course of his last five outings. He also comes into Wednesday’s game looking to extend his seven-game hitting streak.
Angels Key Hitters
- Ohtani leads the Angels in home runs (39), runs batted in (81) and has racked up a team-high batting average of .304.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Ohtani’s home run total puts him first, and his RBI total ranks third.
- Ohtani heads into this game on a six-game hitting streak. In his last 10 outings he is hitting .294 with a double, four home runs, eight walks and five RBI.
- Hunter Renfroe is hitting .251 with 25 doubles, 17 home runs and 32 walks.
- Renfroe is 45th in homers and 90th in RBI among all MLB hitters this year.
- Randal Grichuk has 18 doubles, a triple, nine home runs and 18 walks while batting .310.
- Grichuk takes a two-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .350 with three home runs, a walk and three RBI.
- Luis Rengifo is batting .230 with nine doubles, three triples, 10 home runs and 34 walks.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!