MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Thursday, June 8, 2023 at 7:20 PM ET
- Where: Truist Park in Atlanta, Georgia
- How to Watch on TV: MLB Network
|Braves||-1.5 (+121)||O 8.5 (-114)||-172|
|Mets||+1.5 (-142)||U 8.5 (-111)||+146|
|Pitching Probables: ATL: Strider (R) NYM: Verlander (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Braves vs. Mets, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Atlanta Braves (37-24) will put their four-game win streak to the test when they host the New York Mets (30-32) Thursday at 7:20 PM ET on MLB Network. Oddsmakers consider the Braves -172 favorites to extend their streak, while the Mets are +146 underdogs looking for the upset. Atlanta’s Spencer Strider and New York’s Justin Verlander have been named the starters for this contest.
Braves vs. Mets 2023 Key Stats
- The Braves score the sixth-most runs in baseball (310 total, 5.1 per game).
- The Braves are third in baseball with 100 home runs. They average 1.6 per game.
- Atlanta is sixth in MLB with a .261 batting average.
- The Braves’ .332 on-base percentage is sixth-best in MLB.
- Atlanta ranks second in baseball, slugging .465.
- The Mets have scored the 17th-most runs in the league this season with 267 (4.3 per game).
- New York ranks 11th in Major League Baseball with 73 home runs.
- The Mets have a team batting average of .238 this season, which ranks 21st among MLB teams.
- New York has an on-base percentage of .318 this season, which ranks 17th in the majors.
- The Mets rank 21st in the majors with a .393 team slugging percentage.
Braves vs. Mets Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Braves have gone 26-17 in games they were favored on the moneyline (winning 60.5% of those games).
- When playing as moneyline favorites with odds of -172 or shorter, Atlanta has a 10-6 record (winning 62.5% of its games).
- The Braves have a 63.2% chance to win this contest based on the moneyline’s implied probability.
- In the 47 games in which bookmakers have set an over/under for Atlanta, it has combined with opponents to go over the total 30 times (30-17-0).
- The Braves have a 19-29-0 record against the spread this season.
- This season, the Mets have won six out of the 14 games, or 42.9%, in which they’ve been the underdog.
- New York has played as an underdog of +146 or more once this season and lost that game.
- The implied probability of a win by the Mets, based on the moneyline, is 40.7%.
- Games involving New York have gone over the total set by oddsmakers in 21 of 45 chances this season.
- The Mets are 14-28-0 against the spread this season.
|Spencer Strider (ATL)||Pitcher||Justin Verlander (NYM)|
|6 – 2||W/L||2 – 3|
Braves Key Hitters
- Ronald Acuna Jr. leads Atlanta with a .331 batting average. He’s also hit 12 homers and has 33 RBI.
- Acuna is 19th in homers and 48th in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Acuna will look to extend his six-game hitting streak. He’s batting .391 with one homer in his last five games.
- Matt Olson leads Atlanta in home runs with 17 and runs batted in with 43.
- Among all MLB hitters, Olson is fourth in homers and ninth in RBI.
- Olson enters this game on a three-game hit streak. He’s hitting .222 over the course of his last five outings.
- Ozzie Albies is slashing .258/.306/.481 this season for the Braves.
- Albies enters this game on a three-game hit streak. He’s batting .333 in his last five games with two homers.
- Sean Murphy has collected 52 hits this season and has an OBP of .389. He’s slugging .552 on the year.
- Murphy enters this game on a two-game hitting streak. During his last five games he’s hitting .300 with one homer.
Mets Key Hitters
- Pete Alonso leads the Mets with 22 home runs and 49 runs batted in.
- Among all hitters in the big leagues, Alonso ranks first in homers and fifth in RBI.
- Francisco Lindor has 16 doubles, 11 home runs and 21 walks while batting .216.
- Among all MLB hitters, Lindor is 29th in home runs and 13th in RBI.
- Lindor brings a three-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .167 with a double, a home run, two walks and two RBI.
- Brandon Nimmo has accumulated a team-high batting average of .284.
- Jeff McNeil has seven doubles, a triple, two home runs and 23 walks while hitting .277.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!