MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Wednesday, May 31, 2023 at 3:37 PM ET
- Where: Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum in Oakland, California
- How to Watch on TV: NBCS-CA
|Braves||-2.5 (+108)||O 9.5 (-102)||-232|
|Athletics||+2.5 (-126)||U 9.5 (-125)||+194|
|Pitching Probables: ATL: Shuster (L) OAK: Kaprielian (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Braves vs. Athletics, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Atlanta Braves (32-23) will be out to avoid the sweep when they visit the Oakland Athletics (12-45) to complete a three-game series. Sportsbooks have listed the Braves as -232 favorites for the series finale, while the Athletics are +194 underdogs. Atlanta’s Jared Shuster gets the start, and he’ll go against Oakland’s James Kaprielian.
Braves vs. Athletics 2023 Key Stats
- The Braves score the fifth-most runs in baseball (278 total, 5.1 per game).
- The Braves rank third in MLB action with 91 home runs. They average 1.7 per game.
- Atlanta has the 10th-best batting average in the majors (.257).
- The Braves’ .329 on-base percentage ranks eighth-best in MLB.
- Atlanta ranks second in baseball, slugging .461.
- The Athletics have scored 198 runs (just 3.5 per game) this season, which ranks 29th in MLB.
- Oakland has hit 57 homers this season, which ranks 20th in the majors.
- The Athletics have a team batting average of just .220 this season, which ranks last among MLB teams.
- Oakland has an OBP of just .300 this season, which ranks 27th in MLB.
- The Athletics are 28th in MLB with a slugging percentage of only .356 this season.
Braves vs. Athletics Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Braves have gone 23-16 in games they were listed as the moneyline favorite (winning 59% of those games).
- Atlanta has gone 7-2 when playing as moneyline favorites with odds of -232 or shorter (77.8% winning percentage).
- The Braves have a 69.9% chance to win this matchup based on the moneyline’s implied probability.
- Atlanta has combined with opponents to go over the total 28 times this season for a 28-14-0 record against the over/under.
- The Braves have put together a 17-27-0 record against the spread this season (covering only 38.6% of the time).
- The Athletics have entered the game as underdogs 46 times this season and won 10, or 21.7%, of those games.
- Oakland has entered 20 games this season as the underdog by +194 or more and is 2-18 in those contests.
- The bookmakers’ moneyline implies a 34% chance of a victory for the Athletics.
- So far this season, Oakland and its opponents have hit the over in 23 of its 44 games with a total.
- In 46 games with a spread this season, the Athletics are 19-27-0 ATS.
|Jared Shuster (ATL)||Pitcher||James Kaprielian (OAK)|
|1 – 2||W/L||0 – 5|
Braves Key Hitters
- Ronald Acuna Jr. leads Atlanta with a .323 batting average. He’s also hit 11 homers and has 30 RBI.
- Among hitters in baseball, Acuna is 20th in home runs and 42nd in RBI.
- Matt Olson is batting .238 this season with a team-high 17 home runs and 42 RBI.
- Olson is third in homers and sixth in RBI among all hitters this season.
- Olson has a batting average of .263 with three homers over the course of his last five games and is riding a three-game hit streak.
- Sean Murphy is slashing .286/.398/.553 this season for the Braves.
- Ozzie Albies has 53 hits and an OBP of .295 to go with a slugging percentage of .455 this season.
Athletics Key Hitters
- Esteury Ruiz paces the Athletics with a .275 batting average.
- Ruiz’s home run total ranks 314th in the big leagues, and he is 92nd in RBI.
- Brent Rooker’s 11 home runs and 32 RBI are both team-highs.
- Among all MLB batters, Rooker is 20th in home runs and 35th in RBI.
- Ryan Noda is batting .234 with 11 doubles, a triple, six home runs and 33 walks.
- Shea Langeliers is batting .212 with six doubles, a triple, seven home runs and 14 walks.
- Langeliers takes a two-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .250 with a double, a walk and three RBI.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!