MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Wednesday, August 9, 2023 at 7:05 PM ET
- Where: PNC Park in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- How to Watch on TV: SportsNet PT
|Braves||– ()||O 9.5 (-104)||-285|
|Pirates||+ ()||U 9.5 (-121)||+234|
|Pitching Probables: ATL: Fried (L) PIT: Priester (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Braves vs. Pirates, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Atlanta Braves (71-40) are favored on the moneyline (-285) in Wednesday’s contest with the Pittsburgh Pirates (51-62). First pitch is at 7:05 PM ET on SportsNet PT. The Pirates, with odds, are favored against the spread (). Atlanta’s Max Fried and Pittsburgh’s Quinn Priester have been named the starters for this contest.
Braves vs. Pirates 2023 Key Stats
- The Braves score the third-most runs in baseball (633 total, 5.7 per game).
- The Atlanta Braves have hit a league-leading 215 home runs, averaging 1.9 per game.
- Atlanta has an MLB-high .272 batting average.
- The Braves’ .341 on-base percentage is second-best in baseball.
- Atlanta is the top slugging team in MLB this season with a .500 slugging percentage.
- The Pirates have scored the 24th-most runs in the league this season with 470 (4.2 per game).
- Pittsburgh’s 113 home runs rank 23rd in Major League Baseball.
- The Pirates’ .236 batting average ranks 24th in the league this season.
- Pittsburgh has an on-base percentage of .312 this season, which ranks 23rd in the majors.
- The Pirates rank 24th in the majors with a .389 team slugging percentage.
Braves vs. Pirates Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Braves have won 59 of the 90 games they were listed as the moneyline favorite this season (65.6%).
- Atlanta has a record of 3-3 when it has played as moneyline favorites with odds of -285 or shorter (50% winning percentage).
- Based on this matchup’s moneyline, the Braves have an implied win probability of 74%.
- Atlanta has had an over/under set by bookmakers 93 times, and have combined with opponents to go over the total in 54 of those games (54-39-0).
- The Braves have a 48-46-0 record ATS this season (covering 51.1% of the time).
- The Pirates have been underdogs in 81 games this season and won 32 (39.5%) of those contests.
- Pittsburgh has played as an underdog of +234 or more once this season and won that game.
- Sportsbooks have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Pirates have a 29.9% chance to win.
- Pittsburgh and its opponents have hit the over in 54 of its 97 games with a total this season.
- The Pirates are 48-50-0 ATS in their 98 games with a spread this season.
|Max Fried (ATL)||Pitcher||Quinn Priester (PIT)|
|3 – 1||W/L||2 – 1|
Braves Key Hitters
- Ronald Acuna Jr. leads Atlanta with a batting average of .339. He’s also hit 26 home runs with 68 RBI.
- Acuna’s home runs rank him 10th in baseball, and he is 26th in RBI.
- Matt Olson is batting .267 this season with a team-high 39 home runs and 100 RBI.
- Olson is second in homers and first in RBI in the majors.
- Olson has a batting average of .350 with two homers over the course of his last five games and is on a six-game hit streak.
- Ozzie Albies has 112 hits this season and a slash line of .260/.318/.508.
- Albies will look to add one more to his seven-game hit streak. In his last five games, he has a batting average of .292 with two homers.
- Austin Riley has 121 hits and an OBP of .335 to go with a slugging percentage of .502 this season.
Pirates Key Hitters
- Bryan Reynolds paces the Pirates with 54 runs batted in while putting up a team-high batting average of .267.
- Among all hitters in the big leagues, Reynolds’ home run total puts him 75th, and his RBI total ranks 70th.
- Andrew McCutchen is hitting .258 with 14 doubles, 10 home runs and 63 walks.
- McCutchen is 159th in home runs and 211th in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Jack Suwinski leads the Pirates with 21 home runs.
- Ke’Bryan Hayes has 17 doubles, five triples, six home runs and 17 walks while hitting .247.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!