MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Friday, September 8, 2023 at 7:20 PM ET
- Where: Truist Park in Atlanta, Georgia
- How to Watch on TV: BSSE
|Braves||-1.5 (-105)||O 9.5 (-113)||-204|
|Pirates||+1.5 (-111)||U 9.5 (-112)||+171|
|Pitching Probables: ATL: Elder (R) PIT: Keller (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Braves vs. Pirates, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Atlanta Braves (91-48) and Ronald Acuna Jr. (2 HR in his last game) are favored (-204) on the moneyline for their matchup with the Pittsburgh Pirates (65-75) on Friday at 7:20 PM ET on BSSE. Bryce Elder will get the ball for Atlanta while Pittsburgh will counter with Mitch Keller.
Braves vs. Pirates 2023 Key Stats
- The Braves have the most productive offense in baseball scoring 5.8 runs per game (809 total runs).
- The Atlanta Braves average 1.9 home runs per game and have hit a league-best 270 home runs in total.
- Atlanta has an MLB-high .276 batting average.
- The Braves have a league-high .345 on-base percentage.
- Atlanta leads MLB with a .504 slugging percentage this season, racking up 533 extra-base hits.
- The Pirates have scored 589 runs (4.2 per game) this season, which ranks 24th in MLB.
- Pittsburgh’s 137 home runs rank 27th in MLB this season.
- The Pirates rank 28th in MLB with a team batting average of just .235.
- Pittsburgh has an OBP of .313 this season, which ranks 22nd in MLB.
- Fueled by 408 extra-base hits, the Pirates rank 25th in MLB with a .388 slugging percentage this season.
Braves vs. Pirates Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Braves have gone 79-39 in games they were listed as the moneyline favorite (winning 66.9% of those games).
- Atlanta has a 32-14 record (winning 69.6% of its games) when it has played as moneyline favorites of -204 or shorter.
- The implied moneyline probablility in this matchup gives the Braves a 67.1% chance to win.
- Atlanta has played in 120 games with an over/under set, and have combined with its opponents to go over the total 68 times (68-52-0).
- The Braves have put together a 64-58-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Pirates have entered the game as underdogs 102 times this season and won 42, or 41.2%, of those games.
- Pittsburgh has a record of 7-8 in games where oddsmakers have it as underdogs of at least +171 on the moneyline.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 36.9% chance of a victory for the Pirates.
- Games involving Pittsburgh have gone over the total set by bookmakers in 69 of 122 chances this season.
- The Pirates are 65-60-0 against the spread in their 125 chances this season.
|Bryce Elder (ATL)||Pitcher||Mitch Keller (PIT)|
|11 – 4||W/L||11 – 8|
Braves Key Hitters
- Acuna leads Atlanta with a batting average of .331. He’s also hit 34 home runs with 88 RBI.
- Among all MLB hitters, Acuna ranks fourth in batting average, third in on-base percentage, and fifth in slugging.
- Acuna is batting .167 with three homers during his last five games and is on a two-game hitting streak.
- Matt Olson leads Atlanta in home runs with 47 and runs batted in with 116.
- Olson is first in homers and first in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Olson enters this game on a four-game hit streak. He’s hitting .444 over the course of his last five outings with four homers.
- Austin Riley has collected 153 base hits, an OBP of .336 and a slugging percentage of .513 this season.
- Riley will look to add one more to his two-game hit streak. Over the course of his last five outings, he has a batting average of .190 with two homers.
- Ozzie Albies has collected 133 hits this season and has an OBP of .325. He’s slugging .500 on the year.
Pirates Key Hitters
- Bryan Reynolds has racked up a team-best 67 runs batted in.
- In all of the majors, Reynolds ranks 79th in home runs and 67th in RBI.
- Reynolds has safely hit in eight straight games. During his last 10 outings he is hitting .275 with two doubles, a triple, a home run, three walks and five RBI.
- Ke’Bryan Hayes has a club-high .268 batting average.
- Among all MLB hitters, Hayes is 154th in home runs and 120th in RBI.
- Hayes heads into this game on a four-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .263 with a triple, two home runs, two walks and two RBI.
- Jack Suwinski has hit a team-best 23 home runs.
- Connor Joe is hitting .239 with 27 doubles, four triples, 10 home runs and 44 walks.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!