MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Tuesday, April 18, 2023 at 9:40 PM ET
- Where: PETCO Park in San Diego, California
- How to Watch on TV: BSSD
|Pitching Probables: ATL: Strider (R) SD: Snell (L)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Braves vs. Padres, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Atlanta Braves (13-4) are favored on the moneyline (-112) in Tuesday’s contest against the San Diego Padres (8-10). First pitch is at 9:40 PM ET on BSSD. The Padres, with odds, are favored against the spread (). Atlanta’s Spencer Strider and San Diego’s Blake Snell have been named the starters for this contest.
Braves vs. Padres 2023 Key Stats
- The Braves are the fifth-highest scoring team in the majors, averaging 5.2 runs per game (89 total).
- The Braves are fifth in baseball with 24 home runs. They average 1.4 per game.
- Atlanta is fourth in MLB with a .271 batting average.
- The Braves rank second in baseball with a .351 on-base percentage.
- Atlanta ranks fourth in MLB with a .454 slugging percentage.
- The Padres have scored the 22nd-most runs in the league this season with 71 (3.9 per game).
- San Diego ranks sixth in Major League Baseball with 22 home runs.
- The Padres have a team batting average of just .228 this season, which ranks 26th among MLB teams.
- San Diego has the 20th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.311).
- Fueled by 53 extra-base hits, the Padres rank 19th in MLB with a .394 slugging percentage this season.
Braves vs. Padres Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Braves have won all six of the games they have been favored on the moneyline this season.
- Atlanta has won all six games it has played as moneyline favorites with odds of -112 or shorter.
- Based on this matchup’s moneyline, the Braves have an implied win probability of 52.8%.
- Atlanta has had an over/under set by oddsmakers six times, and have combined with opponents to go over the total in five of those games (5-1-0).
- The Braves have put together a 2-4-0 record against the spread this season (covering just 33.3% of the time).
- The Padres have been underdogs in four games this season and won one (25%) of those contests.
- San Diego has a record of 1-3 in games where bookmakers have it as underdogs of at least -104 on the moneyline.
- The sportsbooks’ moneyline implies a 51% chance of a victory for the Padres.
- So far this season, San Diego and its opponents have hit the over in three of its eight games with a total.
- The Padres are 3-5-0 against the spread this season.
|Spencer Strider (ATL)||Pitcher||Blake Snell (SD)|
|1 – 0||W/L||0 – 2|
Braves Key Hitters
- Ronald Acuna Jr. leads Atlanta in batting average (.389) this season while adding three home runs and 11 RBI.
- Acuna ranks 41st in homers and 35th in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Acuna will look to extend his two-game hitting streak. He’s batting .500 with one homer in his last five outings.
- Matt Olson leads Atlanta in home runs with five and runs batted in with 17.
- Olson is sixth in homers and third in RBI in the major leagues.
- Austin Riley has collected 20 base hits, an OBP of .408 and a slugging percentage of .540 this season.
- Riley will look to add one more to his eight-game hit streak. Over the course of his last five outings, he has a batting average of .316 with two homers.
- Sean Murphy has 12 hits and an OBP of .417 to go with a slugging percentage of .596 this season.
Padres Key Hitters
- Xander Bogaerts leads the Padres with four home runs and has a team-high batting average of .362.
- Among all hitters in the big leagues, Bogaerts ranks 13th in homers and 46th in RBI.
- Bogaerts heads into this game on an 11-game hitting streak. During his last 10 outings he is hitting .385 with a home run, four walks and two RBI.
- Juan Soto is hitting .164 with three doubles, three home runs and 19 walks.
- Soto currently ranks 41st in homers and 114th in RBI in the major leagues.
- Jake Cronenworth is hitting .207 with three doubles, three home runs and eight walks.
- Trent Grisham has hit four home runs to pace his team.
ClutchBet is Iowa’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!