MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Thursday, September 7, 2023 at 7:20 PM ET
- Where: Truist Park in Atlanta, Georgia
- How to Watch on TV: MLB Network
|Braves||-1.5 (-163)||O 10.5 (-109)||-344|
|Cardinals||+1.5 (+135)||U 10.5 (-109)||+270|
|Pitching Probables: ATL: Fried (L) STL: Wainwright (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Braves vs. Cardinals, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The St. Louis Cardinals (61-78) will look to Tyler O’Neill, who has blasted homers in two straight games, to pull off an upset win over the Atlanta Braves (90-48) Thursday at Truist Park. The Braves and Matt Olson (who has a three-game home run streak of his own) are -344 moneyline favorites for the game, which starts at 7:20 PM ET live on MLB Network. Atlanta’s Max Fried gets the start, and he’ll go against St. Louis’ Adam Wainwright.
Braves vs. Cardinals 2023 Key Stats
- The Braves score the most runs in baseball (801 total, 5.8 per game).
- The Atlanta Braves have hit a league-leading 265 home runs, averaging 1.9 per game.
- Atlanta leads MLB with a .275 batting average.
- The Braves have a league-leading .344 on-base percentage.
- Atlanta leads MLB with a .502 slugging percentage this season, collecting 527 extra-base hits.
- The Cardinals have scored the 17th-most runs in the league this season with 636 (4.6 per game).
- St. Louis ranks ninth in Major League Baseball with 194 home runs.
- The Cardinals rank 12th in MLB with a .254 team batting average.
- St. Louis is among the best teams in baseball at getting on base, ranking 10th with an OBP of .328.
- The Cardinals rank ninth in the majors with a .430 team slugging percentage.
Braves vs. Cardinals Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Braves have won 66.7% of the games this season when they were the moneyline favorite (78-39).
- Atlanta has not played a game this season with moneyline odds of -344 or shorter.
- The Braves have a 77.5% chance to win this contest based on the moneyline’s implied probability.
- Atlanta has had an over/under set by oddsmakers 119 times, and have combined with opponents to go over the total in 67 of those games (67-52-0).
- The Braves have covered 52.1% of their games this season, going 63-58-0 ATS.
- The Cardinals have been underdogs in 59 games this season and won 27 (45.8%) of those contests.
- St. Louis has not been a bigger underdog this season than the +270 moneyline set for this game.
- The implied probability of a win by the Cardinals, based on the moneyline, is 27%.
- So far this season, St. Louis and its opponents have hit the over in 57 of its 112 games with a total.
- In 124 games with a spread this season, the Cardinals are 56-68-0 ATS.
|Max Fried (ATL)||Pitcher||Adam Wainwright (STL)|
|6 – 1||W/L||3 – 10|
Braves Key Hitters
- Ronald Acuna Jr. leads Atlanta with a batting average of .330. He’s also hit 32 home runs with 86 RBI.
- Of all batters in MLB, Acuna’s home run total ranks him 11th and his RBI tally ranks him 19th.
- Olson leads Atlanta in home runs with 46 and runs batted in with 115.
- Among all MLB hitters, Olson is first in homers and first in RBI.
- Olson will look to extend his three-game hit streak. During his last five games, he’s batting .300 with three homers.
- Austin Riley has 153 hits this season and a slash line of .276/.336/.513.
- Riley enters this game on a two-game hit streak. He’s batting .190 during his last five games with two homers.
- Ozzie Albies has collected 133 hits this season and has an OBP of .325. He’s slugging .503 on the year.
Cardinals Key Hitters
- Nolan Arenado paces the Cardinals with 87 runs batted in.
- Among all hitters in the majors, Arenado’s home run total puts him 25th, and his RBI total ranks 16th.
- Paul Goldschmidt is hitting .277 to pace his team.
- Goldschmidt currently is 39th in homers and 44th in RBI in the major leagues.
- Goldschmidt brings a two-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .250 with a home run, four walks and four RBI.
- Tommy Edman is batting .246 with 23 doubles, four triples, 12 home runs and 32 walks.
- Edman brings a seven-game hitting streak into this game. In his last 10 outings he is batting .303 with three doubles, a home run, six walks and four RBI.
- Lars Nootbaar has 19 doubles, a triple, 13 home runs and 58 walks while hitting .274.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!