MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Friday, June 9, 2023 at 7:20 PM ET
- Where: Truist Park in Atlanta, Georgia
- How to Watch on TV: BSSE
|Braves||-1.5 (+101)||O 9.5 (-120)||-200|
|Nationals||+1.5 (-119)||U 9.5 (-105)||+168|
|Pitching Probables: ATL: Smith-Shawver (R) WSH: Gray (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Braves vs. Nationals, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Atlanta Braves (38-24) host the Washington Nationals (25-36) at 7:20 PM ET Friday in a meeting between two of the league’s best hitters. Ronald Acuna Jr. is batting .332 this year (third in the league) for the favored Braves (-200), while Joey Meneses ranks ninth in the majors with a .305 average for the underdog Nationals. AJ Smith-Shawver takes the mound for Atlanta while Josiah Gray is Washington’s starter for the contest.
Braves vs. Nationals 2023 Key Stats
- The Braves are the fourth-highest scoring team in the majors, averaging 5.2 runs per game (323 total).
- The Braves average 1.7 home runs per game to rank third in MLB action with 105 total home runs.
- Atlanta ranks second in the majors with a .265 batting average.
- The Braves are third in baseball with a .335 on-base percentage.
- Atlanta is second in baseball, slugging .472.
- The Nationals have scored the 23rd-most runs in the league this season with 260 (4.3 per game).
- Washington has hit just 48 homers this season, which ranks 28th in the majors.
- The Nationals rank fourth in MLB with a .263 team batting average.
- Washington has an OBP of .327 this season, which ranks 10th in MLB.
- Fueled by 157 extra-base hits, the Nationals rank 22nd in MLB with a .390 slugging percentage this season.
Braves vs. Nationals Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Braves have won 61.4% of the games this season when they were favored on the moneyline (27-17).
- When it has played as moneyline favorites with odds of -200 or shorter, Atlanta has a 9-4 record (winning 69.2% of its games).
- The implied moneyline probablility in this matchup gives the Braves a 66.7% chance to win.
- In the 48 games in which bookmakers have set an over/under for Atlanta, it has combined with opponents to go over the total 31 times (31-17-0).
- The Braves have a 20-29-0 record against the spread this season (covering 40.8% of the time).
- The Nationals have entered the game as underdogs 47 times this season and won 18, or 38.3%, of those games.
- Washington has entered 13 games this season as the underdog by +168 or more and is 7-6 in those contests.
- Bookmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Nationals have a 37.3% chance to win.
- Washington and its opponents have hit the over in 20 of its 47 games with a total this season.
- The Nationals are 28-20-0 against the spread this season.
|AJ Smith-Shawver (ATL)||Pitcher||Josiah Gray (WSH)|
|0 – 0||W/L||4 – 5|
Braves Key Hitters
- Acuna leads Atlanta with a .332 batting average. He’s also hit 12 homers and has 34 RBI.
- Including all hitters in Major League Baseball, Acuna is 20th in home runs and 44th in RBI.
- Acuna enters this game on a seven-game hitting streak. In his last five games, he’s hitting .417 with one homer.
- Ozzie Albies is batting .256 with an OBP of .306 and a slugging percentage of .487 this season.
- Of all MLB hitters, Albies ranks 12th in homers and 13th in RBI.
- Albies enters this game on a four-game hit streak. He’s hitting .350 during his last five outings with three homers.
- Matt Olson leads Atlanta in home runs (17) and runs batted in (43) this season while batting .231.
- Olson is batting .250 with three homers during his last 10 games while also on a four-game hitting streak.
- Sean Murphy has collected 52 hits this season and has an OBP of .389. He’s slugging .552 on the year.
- Murphy enters this game on a two-game hitting streak. Over the course of his last five outings he’s hitting .300 with one homer.
Nationals Key Hitters
- Lane Thomas has hit a team-best nine home runs.
- Thomas is 58th in home runs and 80th in RBI among all batters in the big leagues.
- Thomas heads into this game on a three-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .250 with a double, a home run, a walk and two RBI.
- Jeimer Candelario has 17 doubles, two triples, seven home runs and 20 walks while hitting .253.
- Candelario ranks 95th in home runs and 80th in RBI among all hitters in the big leagues.
- Luis Garcia is hitting .271 with eight doubles, a triple, five home runs and 13 walks.
- Garcia brings a two-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .286 with a home run and two RBI.
- Meneses’ 30 runs batted in and .305 batting average both pace his team.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!