MLB betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Bobby Witt Jr. and the Kansas City Royals will take on starting pitcher Jameson Taillon and the Chicago Cubs at Wrigley Field on Friday at 2:20 PM ET.
Game Info and Bobby Witt Jr. Props
- Day: Friday, August 18, 2023
- Time: 2:20 PM ET
- TV Channel: MLB Network
- Hits Prop: Over/under 2 hits (Over odds: +150)
- Home Runs Prop: Over/under 1 home run (Over odds: +400)
- Total Bases Prop: Over/under 2 total bases (Over odds: -114)
Bobby Witt Jr. Stats
- Witt Jr. leads Kansas City in home runs with 23, runs batted in with 76 and a batting average of .276.
- Of all MLB hitters, Witt Jr. ranks 22nd in home runs and 18th in RBI.
- Among qualifying hitters, his batting average ranks 34th, his on-base percentage ranks 97th, and he is 22nd in the league in slugging.
- He has picked up a hit in 66.7% of his 120 games this season, collecting at least two hits in 32.5% of them.
- Looking at the 120 games he has played this season, he’s hit a home run in 22 of them (18.3%), and in 4.4% of his plate appearances.
- Witt Jr. has produced an RBI in 44 games this year (36.7%), including 17 multi-RBI outings (14.2%). He has also driven home three or more of his team’s runs in eight contests.
Cubs Pitching Stats and Rankings
- The Cubs pitching staff ranks 22nd in the majors with a K/9 of 8.4.
- The Cubs sport a 4.25 team ERA that ranks 16th among all MLB pitching staffs.
- The Cubs have allowed the ninth-fewest homers in the majors (135 total, 1.1 per game).
- The Cubs’ Taillon (7-7) will make his 22nd start of the season.
- The 31-year-old has pitched to a 5.71 ERA this season with 7.9 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 2.8 walks per nine across 21 games.
Witt Jr.’s recent games
- vs. Mariners on August 17: 2-for-4, 1 R
- vs. Mariners on August 16: 0-for-5
- vs. Mariners on August 15: 1-for-4, 2 R, 1 HR, 4 RBI, 1 BB
- vs. Mariners on August 14: 4-for-5, 3 R, 1 HR, 1 RBI
- vs. Cardinals on August 12: 2-for-4
- vs. Cardinals on August 11: 2-for-5, 2 R, 1 HR, 3 RBI
- at Red Sox on August 10: 1-for-4, 2 K
- at Red Sox on August 9: 1-for-3, 1 BB
- at Red Sox on August 8: 1-for-5, 2 SB
- at Red Sox on August 7: 1-for-3, 1 RBI, 1 BB
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!