MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Friday, September 22, 2023 at 7:10 PM ET
- Where: Fenway Park in Boston, Massachusetts
- How to Watch on TV: NESN
|Red Sox||-1.5 (-103)||–||-217|
|White Sox||+1.5 (-113)||–||+182|
|Pitching Probables: BOS: Sale (L) CHW: Toussaint (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Red Sox vs. White Sox, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Boston Red Sox (75-78) are -217 favorites to break their two-game losing streak when they face the Chicago White Sox (58-95), losers of two in a row. The game begins Friday at 7:10 PM ET on NESN, live from Fenway Park. Chris Sale will get the ball for Boston while Chicago will counter with Touki Toussaint.
Red Sox vs. White Sox 2023 Key Stats
- The Red Sox score the ninth-most runs in baseball (749 total, 4.9 per game).
- The Red Sox average 1.2 home runs per game to rank 16th in MLB action with 178 total home runs.
- Boston has the third-best batting average in the majors (.261).
- The Red Sox rank 10th in baseball with an on-base percentage of .327.
- Boston is seventh in baseball with a .431 slugging percentage.
- The White Sox have scored 624 runs (just 4.1 per game) this season, which ranks 28th in MLB.
- Chicago ranks 19th in Major League Baseball with 164 home runs.
- The White Sox rank 23rd in MLB with a .240 team batting average.
- Chicago has an on-base percentage of .294 this season, which ranks last in baseball.
- The White Sox rank 26th in MLB with a team slugging percentage of just .388 this season.
|Red Sox||White Sox|
Red Sox vs. White Sox Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Red Sox have won 51.6% of the games this season when they were favored on the moneyline (33-31).
- Boston has a record of 4-3 when it has played as moneyline favorites with odds of -217 or shorter (57.1% winning percentage).
- Based on this contest’s moneyline, the Red Sox’s implied win probability is 68.5%.
- Boston has played in 131 games with over/under set, and have combined with opponents to go over the total 68 times (68-63-0).
- The Red Sox have put together a 63-73-0 record ATS this season.
- The White Sox have been underdogs in 102 games this season and won 32 (31.4%) of those contests.
- Chicago has a record of 3-4 in games where bookmakers have it as underdogs of at least +182 on the moneyline.
- Oddsmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the White Sox have a 35.5% chance to win.
- Games involving Chicago have gone over the total set by bookmakers in 60 of 132 chances this season.
- The White Sox are 67-72-0 against the spread in their 139 chances this season.
|Chris Sale (BOS)||Pitcher||Touki Toussaint (CHW)|
|6 – 4||W/L||4 – 7|
Red Sox Key Hitters
- Rafael Devers is batting .274 this season with a team-high 33 home runs and 98 RBI.
- Devers ranks 13th in homers and 13th in RBI among all batters in MLB.
- Justin Turner is batting .280 with an OBP of .351 and a slugging percentage of .467 this season.
- Turner ranks 58th in homers and 15th in RBI among all hitters this season.
- Masataka Yoshida’s batting average of .285 leads all Boston hitters this season.
- Yoshida is batting .162 during his last 10 games while also on a two-game hitting streak.
- Alex Verdugo has collected 140 hits this season and has an OBP of .325. He’s slugging .428 on the year.
- Verdugo is batting .111 in his last five games. He also comes into Friday’s game looking to extend his two-game hitting streak.
White Sox Key Hitters
- Luis Robert paces the White Sox with 37 home runs and 79 runs batted in, while racking up a team-best batting average of .264.
- In all of MLB, Robert ranks seventh in homers and 47th in RBI.
- Andrew Vaughn is hitting .262 with 29 doubles, two triples, 20 home runs and 33 walks.
- Vaughn ranks 81st among hitters in MLB in home runs, and 54th in RBI.
- Andrew Benintendi has 33 doubles, two triples, five home runs and 51 walks while hitting .263.
- Eloy Jimenez is batting .269 with 21 doubles, 17 home runs and 28 walks.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!