MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Saturday, August 12, 2023 at 4:10 PM ET
- Where: Fenway Park in Boston, Massachusetts
- How to Watch on TV: NESN
|Red Sox||-1.5 (+103)||O 10.5 (-101)||-196|
|Tigers||+1.5 (-120)||U 10.5 (-126)||+165|
|Pitching Probables: BOS: Bello (R) DET: Manning (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Red Sox vs. Tigers, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Boston Red Sox (61-55) will put their three-game win streak to the test when they host the Detroit Tigers (52-64) Saturday at 4:10 PM ET on NESN. Bookmakers consider the Red Sox -196 favorites to extend their streak, while the Tigers are +165 underdogs looking for the upset. Brayan Bello takes the mound for Boston while Matt Manning is Detroit’s starter for the contest.
Red Sox vs. Tigers 2023 Key Stats
- The Red Sox score the 10th-most runs in baseball (563 total, 4.9 per game).
- The Red Sox rank 18th in MLB play with 129 home runs. They average 1.1 per game.
- Boston ranks third in the majors with a .262 batting average.
- The Red Sox’s .328 on-base percentage ranks seventh-best in baseball.
- Boston is seventh in MLB with a .431 slugging percentage.
- The Tigers have scored 457 runs (just 3.9 per game) this season, which ranks 29th in MLB.
- Detroit has hit just 108 homers this season, which ranks 28th in the majors.
- The Tigers have a team batting average of just .234 this season, which ranks 28th among MLB teams.
- Detroit has an OBP of just .299 this season, which ranks 28th in MLB.
- The Tigers are 29th in MLB with a slugging percentage of only .371 this season.
Red Sox vs. Tigers Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Red Sox have a 26-21 record in games they were listed as the moneyline favorite (winning 55.3% of those games).
- Boston has a 5-3 record (winning 62.5% of its games) when it has played as moneyline favorites of -196 or shorter.
- Based on this game’s moneyline, the Red Sox’s implied win probability is 66.2%.
- Boston has played in 98 games with over/under set, and have combined with opponents to go over the total 49 times (49-49-0).
- The Red Sox have put together a 49-51-0 record ATS this season.
- The Tigers have been underdogs in 89 games this season and won 39 (43.8%) of those contests.
- Detroit has a record of 11-8 in games where bookmakers have it as underdogs of at least +165 on the moneyline.
- The oddsmakers’ moneyline implies a 37.7% chance of a victory for the Tigers.
- Games involving Detroit have gone over the total set by sportsbooks in 52 of 102 chances this season.
- The Tigers are 56-48-0 against the spread this season.
|Brayan Bello (BOS)||Pitcher||Matt Manning (DET)|
|8 – 6||W/L||3 – 4|
Red Sox Key Hitters
- Rafael Devers leads Boston in home runs with 26 and runs batted in with 79.
- Among batters in baseball, Devers is 11th in home runs and ninth in RBI.
- Devers enters this game on a two-game hitting streak. During his last five outings, he’s hitting .167.
- Justin Turner has collected 114 hits this season and has an OBP of .353. He’s slugging .474 on the year.
- Turner ranks 65th in MLB in homers, and 22nd in RBI.
- Masataka Yoshida is batting .301 to lead Boston, while adding 12 homers and 56 runs batted in this season.
- Alex Verdugo has 109 hits and an OBP of .344 to go with a slugging percentage of .425 this season.
Tigers Key Hitters
- Spencer Torkelson paces the Tigers in home runs (17) and runs batted in (61).
- Among all batters in the big leagues, Torkelson’s home run total puts him 65th, and his RBI total ranks 48th.
- Riley Greene has 17 doubles, three triples, 10 home runs and 30 walks while batting .302.
- Greene is 165th overall in home runs and 230th in RBI this season.
- Greene brings a five-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .389 with three doubles, a home run, a walk and three RBI.
- Zach McKinstry has put up a team-high batting average of .237.
- Javier Baez is batting .221 with 12 doubles, four triples, seven home runs and 18 walks.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!