MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Monday, August 7, 2023 at 7:10 PM ET
- Where: Fenway Park in Boston, Massachusetts
- How to Watch on TV: NESN
|Red Sox||-1.5 (-104)||O 9.5 (-126)||-212|
|Royals||+1.5 (-112)||U 9.5 (-101)||+178|
|Pitching Probables: BOS: Bello (R) KC: Ragans (L)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Red Sox vs. Royals, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Boston Red Sox (57-54) are -212 favorites to break their four-game losing streak when they face the Kansas City Royals (36-77), losers of two in a row. The game begins Monday at 7:10 PM ET on NESN, live from Fenway Park. Brayan Bello will get the ball for Boston while Kansas City will counter with Cole Ragans.
Red Sox vs. Royals 2023 Key Stats
- The Red Sox score the ninth-most runs in baseball (543 total, 4.9 per game).
- The Red Sox are 18th in MLB action with 125 home runs. They average 1.1 per game.
- Boston has the fourth-best batting average in MLB (.263).
- The Red Sox are seventh in MLB with an on-base percentage of .329.
- Boston’s .433 slugging percentage is sixth-best in MLB.
- The Royals have scored 440 runs (just 3.9 per game) this season, which ranks 28th in MLB.
- Kansas City’s 105 home runs rank 26th in MLB this season.
- The Royals’ .238 batting average ranks 21st in the league this season.
- Kansas City has an on-base percentage of .297 this season, which ranks 29th in baseball.
- Fueled by 318 extra-base hits, the Royals rank 25th in MLB with a .386 slugging percentage this season.
Red Sox vs. Royals Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Red Sox have a 22-20 record in games they were listed as the moneyline favorite (winning 52.4% of those games).
- Boston has gone 2-3 when it has played as moneyline favorites with odds of -212 or shorter (40% winning percentage).
- The implied moneyline probablility for this matchup gives the Red Sox a 67.9% chance to win.
- Boston has combined with opponents to hit the over on the total 48 times this season for a 48-45-0 record against the over/under.
- The Red Sox have a 47-49-0 record ATS this season.
- This season, the Royals have been the underdog 85 times and won 28, or 32.9%, of those games.
- Kansas City has a record of 7-18, a 28% win rate, when it’s set as an underdog of +178 or more by bookmakers this season.
- The Royals have a 36% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- Games involving Kansas City have gone over the total set by sportsbooks in 46 of 91 chances this season.
- The Royals are 44-51-0 against the spread this season.
|Brayan Bello (BOS)||Pitcher||Cole Ragans (KC)|
|8 – 6||W/L||3 – 3|
Red Sox Key Hitters
- Justin Turner has been key for Boston with 114 hits, an OBP of .356 plus a slugging percentage of .479.
- Turner’s home runs rank him 56th in Major League Baseball, and he is 14th in RBI.
- Turner is batting .316 with one homer during his last five games and is riding a five-game hitting streak.
- Rafael Devers leads Boston in home runs (26) and runs batted in (79) this season while batting .264.
- Devers is ninth in home runs and fourth in RBI in the majors.
- Devers enters this game on a two-game hit streak. He’s hitting .286 in his last five outings with one homer.
- Masataka Yoshida is batting .306 to lead Boston, while adding 12 homers and 54 runs batted in this season.
- Yoshida will look to add one more to his five-game hit streak. Over the course of his last five outings, he has a batting average of .350.
- Alex Verdugo is batting .275 with an OBP of .347 and a slugging percentage of .427 this season.
Royals Key Hitters
- Bobby Witt Jr. paces the Royals in home runs (20), runs batted in (67) and has accumulated a team-best batting average of .268.
- Witt Jr. ranks 31st in homers and 25th in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Salvador Perez is batting .246 with 18 doubles, 17 home runs and 15 walks.
- Perez currently ranks 56th in home runs and 108th in RBI in the big leagues.
- Maikel Garcia is batting .279 with 15 doubles, two triples, four home runs and 22 walks.
- Garcia brings a 10-game hitting streak into this game. In his last 10 games he is hitting .310 with two doubles, a triple, two walks and eight RBI.
- MJ Melendez is batting .214 with 21 doubles, three triples, nine home runs and 41 walks.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!