MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Friday, May 12, 2023 at 7:10 PM ET
- Where: Fenway Park in Boston, Massachusetts
- How to Watch on TV: NESN
|Red Sox||– ()||O 10.5 (-105)||-112|
|Cardinals||+ ()||U 10.5 (-120)||-104|
|Pitching Probables: BOS: Paxton (L) STL: Wainwright (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Red Sox vs. Cardinals, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Boston Red Sox (22-16) are favorites (-112) on the moneyline when they square off against the St. Louis Cardinals (13-25) Friday at 7:10 PM ET, live on NESN. Boston’s James Paxton gets the start, and he’ll go against St. Louis’ Adam Wainwright.
Red Sox vs. Cardinals 2023 Key Stats
- The Red Sox have the No. 3 offense in baseball scoring 5.7 runs per game (216 total runs).
- The Red Sox average 1.3 home runs per game to rank seventh in baseball with 49 total home runs.
- Boston has the third-best batting average in MLB (.269).
- The Red Sox are fourth in MLB with an on-base percentage of .340.
- Boston is fourth in baseball, slugging .448.
- The Cardinals have scored the 12th-most runs in the league this season with 169 (4.4 per game).
- St. Louis ranks 10th in Major League Baseball with 45 home runs.
- The Cardinals’ .257 batting average is among the best in baseball, ranking 10th in MLB.
- St. Louis has an OBP of .327 this season, which ranks 12th in MLB.
- The Cardinals are 11th in MLB with a slugging percentage of .417 this season.
Red Sox vs. Cardinals Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Red Sox have been the moneyline favorite six total times this season. They’ve gone 5-1 in those games.
- Boston has a record of 5-1 when it has played as moneyline favorites with odds of -112 or shorter (83.3% winning percentage).
- Based on this contest’s moneyline, the Red Sox’s implied win probability is 52.8%.
- Boston has had an over/under set by oddsmakers 27 times, and have combined with opponents to go over the total in 19 of those games (19-8-0).
- The Red Sox have a 15-13-0 record ATS this season.
- This season, the Cardinals have been the underdog 12 times and won three, or 25%, of those games.
- St. Louis has a record of 3-6, a 33.3% win rate, when it’s set as an underdog of -104 or more by bookmakers this season.
- The bookmakers’ moneyline implies a 51% chance of a victory for the Cardinals.
- So far this season, St. Louis and its opponents have hit the over in 16 of its 26 games with a total.
- The Cardinals are 11-17-0 against the spread this season.
|James Paxton (BOS)||Pitcher||Adam Wainwright (STL)|
|0 – 0||W/L||0 – 0|
Red Sox Key Hitters
- Alex Verdugo leads Boston in batting average (.308) this season while adding five home runs and 18 RBI.
- Of all MLB batters, Verdugo ranks 17th in batting average, 25th in on-base percentage, and 41st in slugging.
- Rafael Devers leads Boston in home runs (11) and runs batted in (34) this season while batting .248.
- Devers is fourth in home runs and second in RBI among all hitters in Major League Baseball.
- Masataka Yoshida is slashing .298/.377/.496 this season for the Red Sox.
- Justin Turner has 39 hits and an OBP of .370 to go with a slugging percentage of .397 this season.
- Turner is batting .200 with one homer during his last five outings. He also comes into Friday’s game looking to extend his two-game hitting streak.
Cardinals Key Hitters
- Paul Goldschmidt paces the Cardinals with a team-high batting average of .306.
- In all of the majors, Goldschmidt is 29th in homers and 43rd in RBI.
- Nolan Gorman has hit eight home runs with 24 RBI. Both lead his team.
- Among all major league hitters, Gorman is 16th in home runs and 22nd in RBI.
- Gorman takes a two-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .154 with a home run, two walks and an RBI.
- Tommy Edman is hitting .239 with four doubles, a triple, five home runs and 11 walks.
- Willson Contreras has 10 doubles, two home runs and 15 walks while batting .258.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!