MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Tuesday, August 15, 2023 at 7:05 PM ET
- Where: Nationals Park in Washington D.C.
- How to Watch on TV: MASN
|Red Sox||-1.5 (-104)||O 9.5 (+102)||-169|
|Nationals||+1.5 (-112)||U 9.5 (-129)||+143|
|Pitching Probables: BOS: Pivetta (R) WSH: Gray (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Red Sox vs. Nationals, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Boston Red Sox (62-56) will look to Trevor Story, red hot after a four-hit game, to lead them in a matchup with the Washington Nationals (53-66) on Tuesday at 7:05 PM ET on MASN. The Red Sox are -169 favorites for the contest, according to oddsmakers. Nick Pivetta takes the mound for Boston while Josiah Gray is Washington’s starter for the contest.
Red Sox vs. Nationals 2023 Key Stats
- The Red Sox have the No. 10 offense in MLB action scoring 4.8 runs per game (571 total runs).
- The Red Sox rank 18th in MLB play with 132 home runs. They average 1.1 per game.
- Boston’s .262 batting average is third-best in the majors.
- The Red Sox are seventh in MLB with a .328 on-base percentage.
- Boston is seventh in baseball, slugging .432.
- The Nationals have scored the 18th-most runs in the league this season with 517 (4.3 per game).
- Washington has hit just 108 homers this season, which ranks 29th in the majors.
- The Nationals have a team batting average of .260 this season, which ranks fifth among MLB teams.
- Washington has the 15th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.320).
- Fueled by 337 extra-base hits, the Nationals rank 18th in MLB with a .401 slugging percentage this season.
Red Sox vs. Nationals Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Red Sox have won 27 of the 49 games they were the moneyline favorite this season (55.1%).
- Boston has a 7-7 record (winning 50% of its games) when playing as moneyline favorites of -169 or shorter.
- Based on this game’s moneyline, the Red Sox’s implied win probability is 62.8%.
- Boston has played in 100 games with over/under set, and have combined with opponents to go over the total 49 times (49-51-0).
- The Red Sox have covered 49% of their games this season, going 50-52-0 against the spread.
- This season, the Nationals have won 40 out of the 97 games, or 41.2%, in which they’ve been the underdog.
- Washington has a record of 26-27, a 49.1% win rate, when it’s set as an underdog of +143 or more by sportsbooks this season.
- The implied probability of a win by the Nationals, based on the moneyline, is 41.2%.
- Washington and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 43 of its 100 opportunities.
- The Nationals are 56-49-0 against the spread in their 105 chances this season.
|Nick Pivetta (BOS)||Pitcher||Josiah Gray (WSH)|
|8 – 6||W/L||7 – 9|
Red Sox Key Hitters
- Justin Turner is batting .288 with 19 home runs and 73 RBI for Boston this season.
- Turner’s home runs rank him 42nd in Major League Baseball, and he is 21st in RBI.
- Turner is batting .316 with two homers during his last five outings and is on a two-game hitting streak.
- Rafael Devers leads Boston in home runs with 26 and runs batted in with 79.
- Devers ranks 12th in baseball in homers, and 10th in RBI.
- Devers has a batting average of .235 in his last five games and is riding a three-game hit streak.
- Masataka Yoshida’s batting average of .300 leads all Boston hitters this season.
- Yoshida enters this game on a two-game hit streak. He’s batting .158 over the course of his last five games.
- Alex Verdugo is batting .269 with an OBP of .340 and a slugging percentage of .420 this season.
Nationals Key Hitters
- Lane Thomas leads the Nationals with 20 home runs and 68 runs batted in, while accumulating a team-high batting average of .284.
- Thomas’ home run total ranks 35th in the big leagues, and he is 31st in RBI.
- Thomas has safely hit in four games in a row. During his last five outings he is hitting .211 with a double and an RBI.
- Joey Meneses has 26 doubles, a triple, 11 home runs and 31 walks while hitting .281.
- Among all major league hitters, Meneses ranks 139th in home runs and 44th in RBI.
- C.J. Abrams is batting .255 with 22 doubles, four triples, 11 home runs and 19 walks.
- Keibert Ruiz is hitting .257 with 16 doubles, 14 home runs and 27 walks.
- Ruiz takes a four-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .444 with two home runs, four walks and two RBI.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!