MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Wednesday, August 16, 2023 at 7:05 PM ET
- Where: Nationals Park in Washington D.C.
- How to Watch on TV: MASN
|Red Sox||-1.5 (-106)||O 9.5 (+103)||-169|
|Nationals||+1.5 (-109)||U 9.5 (-131)||+143|
|Pitching Probables: BOS: Paxton (L) WSH: Gore (L)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Red Sox vs. Nationals, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Boston Red Sox will take the field against the Washington Nationals (53-67) on Wednesday. The game begins at 7:05 PM ET on MASN, with the Red Sox listed as -169 favorites on the moneyline. Boston’s James Paxton and Washington’s MacKenzie Gore have been named the starters for this contest.
Red Sox vs. Nationals 2023 Key Stats
- The Red Sox score the 10th-most runs in baseball (576 total, 4.8 per game).
- The Red Sox average 1.1 home runs per game to rank 18th in MLB play with 133 total home runs.
- Boston’s .262 batting average is third-best in MLB.
- The Red Sox’s .327 on-base percentage is eighth-best in MLB.
- Boston is seventh in MLB, slugging .431.
- The Nationals have scored 521 runs (4.3 per game) this season, which ranks 19th in MLB.
- Washington’s 108 home runs rank 29th in MLB this season.
- The Nationals’ .259 batting average is among the best in baseball, ranking fifth in MLB.
- Washington has an OBP of .319 this season, which ranks 15th in MLB.
- Fueled by 341 extra-base hits, the Nationals rank 20th in MLB with a .400 slugging percentage this season.
Red Sox vs. Nationals Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Red Sox have been favored on the moneyline 50 total times this season. They’ve finished 28-22 in those games.
- When playing as moneyline favorites with odds of -169 or shorter, Boston has an 8-7 record (winning 53.3% of its games).
- The Red Sox have a 62.8% chance to win this matchup based on the moneyline’s implied probability.
- Boston has played in 101 games with over/under set, and have combined with opponents to go over the total 49 times (49-52-0).
- The Red Sox have put together a 50-53-0 record ATS this season (covering 48.5% of the time).
- The Nationals have won 40, or 40.8%, of the 98 games they’ve played as underdogs this season.
- Washington has a record of 26-28, a 48.1% win rate, when it’s set as an underdog of +143 or more by bookmakers this season.
- Oddsmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Nationals have a 41.2% chance to win.
- So far this season, Washington and its opponents have hit the over in 43 of its 101 games with a total.
- The Nationals have an ATS record of 57-49-0 in 106 games with a spread this season.
|James Paxton (BOS)||Pitcher||MacKenzie Gore (WSH)|
|7 – 3||W/L||6 – 9|
Red Sox Key Hitters
- Justin Turner has been key for Boston with 118 hits, an OBP of .351 plus a slugging percentage of .483.
- Including all hitters in Major League Baseball, Turner is 42nd in homers and 22nd in RBI.
- Rafael Devers leads Boston in home runs (26) and runs batted in (79) this season while batting .262.
- Devers is 13th in home runs and 10th in RBI in the major leagues.
- Masataka Yoshida’s batting average of .300 leads all Boston hitters this season.
- Yoshida is batting .237 in his last 10 outings while also on a two-game hitting streak.
- Alex Verdugo has 110 hits and an OBP of .338 to go with a slugging percentage of .425 this season.
Nationals Key Hitters
- Lane Thomas paces the Nationals with 20 home runs and 68 runs batted in, while accumulating a team-best batting average of .282.
- Thomas’ home run total ranks 36th in the big leagues, and he is 33rd in RBI.
- Joey Meneses is batting .279 with 26 doubles, a triple, 11 home runs and 32 walks.
- Meneses is 139th in homers and 47th in RBI among all major league batters this year.
- Keibert Ruiz is batting .257 with 17 doubles, 14 home runs and 27 walks.
- Ruiz brings a five-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .429 with a double, two home runs, two walks and four RBI.
- C.J. Abrams has 22 doubles, four triples, 11 home runs and 20 walks while hitting .256.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!