MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Sunday, April 16, 2023 at 2:15 PM ET
- Where: Busch Stadium in St. Louis, Missouri
- How to Watch on TV: BSMW
|Cardinals||-1.5 (+127)||O 8.5 (-104)||-161|
|Pirates||+1.5 (-149)||U 8.5 (-117)||+137|
|Pitching Probables: STL: Mikolas (R) PIT: Keller (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Cardinals vs. Pirates, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
Alec Burleson will look to extend his 10-game hitting streak when the St. Louis Cardinals (6-9) take on the Pittsburgh Pirates (9-6). The Cardinals are listed as -161 favorites on the moneyline for the contest, which starts at 2:15 PM ET on Sunday, live on BSMW from Busch Stadium. Miles Mikolas takes the mound for St. Louis while Mitch Keller is Pittsburgh’s starter for the contest.
Cardinals vs. Pirates 2023 Key Stats
- The Cardinals are the 22nd-highest scoring team in baseball averaging 4.1 runs per game (62 total).
- The Cardinals average 1.1 home runs per game to rank 12th in MLB play with 16 total home runs.
- St. Louis’ .272 batting average is sixth-best in MLB.
- The Cardinals’ .345 on-base percentage is seventh-best in MLB.
- St. Louis’ .415 slugging percentage ranks 16th in baseball.
- The Pirates have scored the 22nd-most runs in the league this season with 62 (4.1 per game).
- Pittsburgh ranks 10th in Major League Baseball with 19 home runs.
- The Pirates have a team batting average of just .235 this season, which ranks 26th among MLB teams.
- Pittsburgh has an OBP of .317 this season, which ranks 20th in MLB.
- The Pirates are 13th in MLB with a slugging percentage of .418 this season.
Cardinals vs. Pirates Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Cardinals have won three of the five games they were listed as the moneyline favorite this season (60%).
- St. Louis has gone 2-2 (winning 50% of its games) when it has played as moneyline favorites of -161 or shorter.
- The implied moneyline probablility in this matchup gives the Cardinals a 61.7% chance to win.
- St. Louis has combined with opponents to go over the total two times this season for a 2-3-0 record against the over/under.
- The Cardinals have covered 60% of their games this season, going 3-2-0 against the spread.
- This season, the Pirates have been the underdog five times and won three of those games.
- Pittsburgh has entered three games this season as the underdog by +137 or more and won each of those games.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 42.2% chance of a victory for the Pirates.
- Pittsburgh and its opponents have hit the over in two of its five games with a total this season.
- The Pirates are 3-2-0 against the spread this season.
|Miles Mikolas (STL)||Pitcher||Mitch Keller (PIT)|
|0 – 1||W/L||1 – 0|
Cardinals Key Hitters
- Paul Goldschmidt has been key for St. Louis with 18 hits, an OBP of .456 plus a slugging percentage of .473.
- Among all MLB hitters, Goldschmidt is 30th in batting average, 10th in on-base percentage, and 68th in slugging.
- Nolan Gorman is batting .326 this season with a team-high four home runs and 13 RBI.
- Gorman ranks 12th in homers and 12th in RBI among all hitters in Major League Baseball.
- Gorman will look to extend his two-game hit streak. Over the course of his last five games, he’s batting .353 with two homers.
- Nolan Arenado leads St. Louis in runs batted in with 13 while batting .328 with two homers.
- Brendan Donovan has 15 hits and an OBP of .328 to go with a slugging percentage of .436 this season.
- Donovan enters this game on a four-game hitting streak. During his last five games he’s hitting .333.
Pirates Key Hitters
- Bryan Reynolds leads the Pirates with five home runs and 14 runs batted in, while putting up a team-high batting average of .322.
- Reynolds ranks fifth in home runs and eighth in RBI among all batters in the big leagues.
- Andrew McCutchen has three doubles, two home runs and 11 walks while batting .310.
- McCutchen currently ranks 74th in homers and 117th in RBI in the big leagues.
- McCutchen heads into this game on a three-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .267 with a double, a home run, three walks and three RBI.
- Carlos Santana is hitting .231 with five doubles, two home runs and seven walks.
- Connor Joe is hitting .355 with three doubles, a triple, a home run and five walks.
ClutchBet is Iowa’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!