MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Thursday, April 13, 2023 at 7:45 PM ET
- Where: Busch Stadium in St. Louis, Missouri
- How to Watch on TV: BSMW
|Cardinals||-1.5 (-120)||O 8.5 (-109)||-250|
|Pirates||+1.5 (+103)||U 8.5 (-109)||+207|
|Pitching Probables: STL: Montgomery (L) PIT: Velásquez (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Cardinals vs. Pirates, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
Two of the league’s top power hitters meet Thursday when the St. Louis Cardinals (5-7) and Pittsburgh Pirates (7-5) take the field at 7:45 PM ET, live on BSMW. Nolan Gorman has four home runs for the Cardinals (-250 favorites on the moneyline) while Bryan Reynolds has five homers this season for the Pirates (+207). St. Louis’ Jordan Montgomery gets the start, and he’ll go against Pittsburgh’s Vince Velasquez.
Cardinals vs. Pirates 2023 Key Stats
- The Cardinals rank 18th in runs scored with 56, 4.7 per game.
- The Cardinals average 1.3 home runs per game to rank eighth in MLB action with 16 total home runs.
- St. Louis’ .284 batting average is third-best in MLB.
- The Cardinals are second in baseball with a .355 on-base percentage.
- St. Louis’ .446 slugging percentage is fifth-best in baseball.
- The Pirates have scored the 21st-most runs in the league this season with 51 (4.3 per game).
- Pittsburgh’s 15 home runs rank 11th in Major League Baseball.
- The Pirates have a team batting average of just .228 this season, which ranks 26th among MLB teams.
- Pittsburgh has an OBP of .309 this season, which ranks 24th in MLB.
- The Pirates rank 17th in the majors with a .405 team slugging percentage.
Cardinals vs. Pirates Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Cardinals have been listed as the moneyline favorite only two other times so far this season, and they won both of the games.
- St. Louis has never played a game this season with moneyline odds of -250 or shorter.
- The Cardinals have a 71.4% chance to win this matchup based on the moneyline’s implied probability.
- Bookmakers have set a total in just two of St. Louis’ games so far this season. It went 1-1-0 against the total.
- The Cardinals have had a run line set for just two outings this season, and covered in both.
- The Pirates have split the two games they’ve played as underdogs this season.
- Pittsburgh has not been a bigger underdog this season than the +207 moneyline set for this game.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 32.6% chance of a victory for the Pirates.
- Pittsburgh and its opponents have hit the over once in two tries this season.
- The Pirates have played two games with a spread this season and split those games 1-1 ATS.
|Jordan Montgomery (STL)||Pitcher||Vince Velásquez (PIT)|
|2 – 0||W/L||0 – 2|
Cardinals Key Hitters
- Paul Goldschmidt leads St. Louis with a batting average of .364.
- Of all batters in baseball, Goldschmidt’s home run total places him 121st and his RBI tally ranks him 65th.
- Goldschmidt enters this game on a five-game hitting streak. Over the course of his last five games, he’s hitting .333.
- Nolan Arenado is a key run producer for St. Louis with a .327 average, two homers and 13 RBI.
- Among all MLB hitters, Arenado is 54th in homers and seventh in RBI.
- Arenado has a batting average of .316 with two homers over the course of his last five games and is riding a two-game hit streak.
- Gorman’s four home runs lead all St. Louis hitters, and he’s slugging .750.
- Gorman is batting .313 with four homers during his last 10 outings while also on a three-game hitting streak.
- Jordan Walker has collected 15 hits this season and has an OBP of .360. He’s slugging .489 on the year.
- Walker is batting .316 with one homer in his last five outings. He also comes into Thursday’s game looking to extend his 12-game hitting streak.
Pirates Key Hitters
- Reynolds has put up a team-best batting average of .347, and paces the Pirates in home runs (five) and runs batted in (14).
- Among all hitters in MLB, Reynolds’ home run total puts him second, and his RBI total ranks fifth.
- Andrew McCutchen has two doubles, a home run and nine walks while hitting .323.
- McCutchen is 121st in homers and 209th in RBI among all hitters in the big leagues.
- Ji-Hwan Bae is hitting .229 with two doubles, two home runs and three walks.
- Carlos Santana is hitting .222 with three doubles, two home runs and five walks.
ClutchBet is Iowa’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!