MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Tuesday, August 15, 2023 at 8:05 PM ET
- Where: Wrigley Field in Chicago, Illinois
- How to Watch on TV: MARQ
|White Sox||+ ()||–||+146|
|Pitching Probables: CHC: Hendricks (R) CHW: Toussaint (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Cubs vs. White Sox, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
Entering Tuesday’s matchup with the Chicago Cubs (61-57), the Chicago White Sox (47-72) are on a three-game losing streak. The contest starts at 8:05 PM ET on MARQ with the Cubs listed as -172 favorites, while the are +146 underdogs who may be heading for a fourth straight defeat. The Cubs’ Kyle Hendricks and the White Sox’s Touki Toussaint have been named the starters for this contest.
Cubs vs. White Sox 2023 Key Stats
- The Cubs are the fifth-highest scoring team in baseball, averaging 5.1 runs per game (597 total).
- The Cubs are 12th in baseball with 143 total home runs.
- The Cubs have the ninth-best batting average in the majors (.255).
- The Cubs’ .332 on-base percentage is fourth-best in MLB.
- The Cubs’ .419 slugging percentage ranks ninth-best in baseball.
- The White Sox have scored 490 runs (4.1 per game) this season, which ranks 25th in MLB.
- The White Sox’s 129 home runs rank 21st in Major League Baseball.
- The White Sox have a team batting average of .237 this season, which ranks 22nd among MLB teams.
- The White Sox have an on-base percentage of .294 this season, which ranks last in the league.
- The White Sox rank 26th in the majors with a .385 team slugging percentage.
Cubs vs. White Sox Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Cubs have won 31 of the 52 games they were favored on the moneyline this season (59.6%).
- When they have played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -172 or shorter, the Cubs have a record of 3-4 (42.9%).
- Based on this contest’s moneyline, the Cubs’ implied win probability is 63.2%.
- The Cubs have combined with their opponents to hit the over on the total 54 times this season for a 54-46-0 record against the over/under.
- The Cubs are 52-50-0 ATS this season.
- This season, the White Sox have been the underdog 79 times and won 26, or 32.9%, of those games.
- The White Sox have a record of 4-12, a 25% win rate, when they’re set as the underdog by +146 or more by bookmakers this season.
- The implied probability of a win by the White Sox, based on the moneyline, is 40.7%.
- The White Sox and their opponents have hit the over in 45 of their 102 games with a total this season.
- The White Sox have an ATS record of 52-54-0 in 106 games with a spread this season.
|Kyle Hendricks (CHC)||Pitcher||Touki Toussaint (CHW)|
|4 – 6||W/L||1 – 5|
Cubs Key Hitters
- Nico Hoerner is batting .280 with nine home runs and 59 RBI for Chicago this season.
- Hoerner’s home runs put him 187th in baseball, and he is 57th in RBI.
- Hoerner is batting .368 with one homer during his last five outings and is riding a six-game hitting streak.
- Cody Bellinger is batting .328 to lead Chicago, while adding 18 homers and 59 runs batted in this season.
- Bellinger is 55th in home runs and 57th in RBI this season.
- Jeimer Candelario is slashing .275/.356/.495 this season for the Cubs.
- Ian Happ has collected 99 hits this season and has an OBP of .364. He’s slugging .400 on the year.
White Sox Key Hitters
- Luis Robert leads the White Sox with 31 home runs and 65 runs batted in, while accumulating a team-best batting average of .271.
- Robert is fourth in home runs and 39th in RBI among all batters in MLB.
- Robert takes a seven-game hitting streak into this game. During his last 10 games he is hitting .314 with three doubles, a triple, two home runs, two walks and six RBI.
- Andrew Vaughn is hitting .255 with 24 doubles, two triples, 15 home runs and 29 walks.
- Vaughn ranks 84th among hitters in the big leagues in homers, and 50th in RBI.
- Andrew Benintendi is batting .269 with 25 doubles, a triple, two home runs and 39 walks.
- Eloy Jimenez is hitting .274 with 14 doubles, 14 home runs and 21 walks.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!