MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Saturday, May 27, 2023 at 7:15 PM ET
- Where: Wrigley Field in Chicago, Illinois
- How to Watch on TV: FOX
|Cubs||– ()||O 8.5 (-120)||-175|
|Reds||+ ()||U 8.5 (-105)||+148|
|Pitching Probables: CHC: Taillon (R) CIN: Williamson (L)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Cubs vs. Reds, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Chicago Cubs (22-28) are favorites (-175) on the moneyline when they take on the Cincinnati Reds (22-29) Saturday at 7:15 PM ET, live on FOX. Jameson Taillon will get the ball for Chicago while Cincinnati will counter with Brandon Williamson.
Cubs vs. Reds 2023 Key Stats
- The Cubs have the No. 12 offense in MLB play scoring 4.6 runs per game (232 total runs).
- The Cubs rank 10th in MLB play with 63 home runs. They average 1.3 per game.
- Chicago’s .257 batting average ranks 12th in MLB.
- The Cubs are third in baseball with a .335 on-base percentage.
- Chicago ranks 10th in MLB with a .420 slugging percentage.
- The Reds rank 18th in the majors with 226 total runs scored this season.
- Cincinnati has hit just 38 homers this season, which ranks 28th in the majors.
- The Reds’ .253 batting average ranks 14th in the league this season.
- Cincinnati has an on-base percentage of .329 this season, which ranks ninth in baseball.
- Fueled by 139 extra-base hits, the Reds rank 24th in MLB with a .384 slugging percentage this season.
Cubs vs. Reds Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Cubs have been the moneyline favorite 20 total times this season. They’ve finished 10-10 in those games.
- Chicago has a 2-3 record (winning 40% of its games) when it has played as moneyline favorites of -175 or shorter.
- Based on this matchup’s moneyline, the Cubs have an implied win probability of 63.6%.
- Chicago has combined with opponents to go over the total 19 times this season for a 19-17-0 record against the over/under.
- The Cubs have covered 51.3% of their games this season, going 20-19-0 ATS.
- The Reds have won 14, or 42.4%, of the 33 games they’ve played as underdogs this season.
- Cincinnati has entered 10 games this season as the underdog by +148 or more and is 4-6 in those contests.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 40.3% chance of a victory for the Reds.
- Games involving Cincinnati have gone over the total set by bookmakers in 21 of 40 chances this season.
- The Reds are 23-18-0 against the spread in their 41 chances this season.
|Jameson Taillon (CHC)||Pitcher||Brandon Williamson (CIN)|
|0 – 3||W/L||0 – 0|
Cubs Key Hitters
- Nico Hoerner leads Chicago in runs batted in with 24 while batting .289, which is also best on the team.
- Hoerner’s home runs put him 200th in MLB, and he is 79th in RBI.
- Dansby Swanson is batting .260 with an OBP of .360 and a slugging percentage of .411 this season.
- Swanson ranks 121st in home runs and 107th in RBI among all hitters this season.
- Ian Happ has collected 50 base hits, an OBP of .405 and a slugging percentage of .426 this season.
- Seiya Suzuki has collected 39 hits this season and has an OBP of .383. He’s slugging .504 on the year.
- Suzuki is batting .294 with one homer during his last five games. He also comes into Saturday’s game looking to extend his four-game hitting streak.
Reds Key Hitters
- Jonathan India has 14 doubles, three home runs and 24 walks while hitting .283.
- India is 200th in homers and 136th in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Spencer Steer has put his power on display as he paces his team with six home runs with a team-best .285 batting average.
- Steer ranks 93rd in homers and 89th in RBI among all hitters in the big leagues.
- Steer enters this game on a nine-game hitting streak. In his last 10 games he is hitting .386 with four doubles, a triple, a home run, two walks and seven RBI.
- Jake Fraley has collected a team-high 33 runs batted in.
- Nick Senzel is hitting .254 with six doubles, four home runs and 13 walks.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!