MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Sunday, May 28, 2023 at 2:20 PM ET
- Where: Wrigley Field in Chicago, Illinois
- How to Watch on TV: MARQ
|Cubs||-1.5 (+127)||O 7.5 (-120)||-169|
|Reds||+1.5 (-149)||U 7.5 (-105)||+143|
|Pitching Probables: CHC: Smyly (L) CIN: Ashcraft (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Cubs vs. Reds, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
Following a big two-homer game last time out, Jonathan India leads the Cincinnati Reds (23-29) into action as +143 underdogs against the Chicago Cubs (22-29). First pitch from Wrigley Field at 2:20 PM ET on Sunday, live on MARQ. Chicago’s Drew Smyly and Cincinnati’s Graham Ashcraft have been named the starters for this contest.
Cubs vs. Reds 2023 Key Stats
- The Cubs are the 14th-highest scoring team in MLB play averaging 4.6 runs per game (237 total).
- The Cubs average 1.2 home runs per game to rank 11th in MLB action with 63 total home runs.
- Chicago’s .257 batting average ranks 11th in MLB.
- The Cubs are third in baseball with a .335 on-base percentage.
- Chicago ranks 11th in baseball with a .419 slugging percentage.
- The Reds have scored 234 runs (4.5 per game) this season, which ranks 16th in MLB.
- Cincinnati ranks 28th in Major League Baseball with just 40 home runs as a team.
- The Reds’ .255 batting average ranks 13th in the league this season.
- Cincinnati has an on-base percentage of .330 this season, which ranks seventh in baseball.
- Fueled by 143 extra-base hits, the Reds rank 21st in MLB with a .387 slugging percentage this season.
Cubs vs. Reds Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Cubs have gone 10-11 in games they were listed as the moneyline favorite (winning 47.6% of those games).
- When playing as moneyline favorites with odds of -169 or shorter, Chicago has a 2-4 record (winning just 33.3% of its games).
- Based on this game’s moneyline, the Cubs have an implied win probability of 62.8%.
- Chicago has played in 37 games with over/under set, and have combined with opponents to go over the total 20 times (20-17-0).
- The Cubs have put together a 20-20-0 record ATS this season.
- The Reds have won 15, or 44.1%, of the 34 games they’ve played as underdogs this season.
- This season, Cincinnati has won five of its 12 games, or 41.7%, when it’s the underdog by at least +143 on the moneyline.
- The oddsmakers’ moneyline implies a 41.2% chance of a victory for the Reds.
- So far this season, Cincinnati and its opponents have hit the over in 22 of its 41 games with a total.
- The Reds are 24-18-0 against the spread in their 42 chances this season.
|Drew Smyly (CHC)||Pitcher||Graham Ashcraft (CIN)|
|5 – 1||W/L||2 – 3|
Cubs Key Hitters
- Nico Hoerner leads Chicago in runs batted in with 25 while batting .293, which is also best on the team.
- Hoerner ranks 207th in homers and 73rd in RBI among all hitters in Major League Baseball.
- Dansby Swanson is batting .264 with an OBP of .361 and a slugging percentage of .421 this season.
- Among all MLB hitters, Swanson is 124th in homers and 93rd in RBI.
- Ian Happ has 51 hits this season and a slash line of .285/.405/.430.
- Seiya Suzuki is batting .287 with an OBP of .380 and a slugging percentage of .493 this season.
Reds Key Hitters
- India paces the Reds with a .291 batting average.
- Among all hitters in MLB, India’s home run total puts him 124th, and his RBI total ranks 81st.
- Spencer Steer has shown off his power as he leads his team with six home runs.
- Steer is 96th among hitters in the majors in home runs, and 93rd in RBI.
- Jake Fraley has racked up a team-best 33 runs batted in.
- TJ Friedl is batting .326 with eight doubles, three triples, three home runs and 10 walks.
- Friedl has hit safely in three straight games. In his last five games he is batting .333 with three doubles and three walks.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!