MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Saturday, September 2, 2023 at 6:40 PM ET
- Where: Great American Ball Park in Cincinnati, Ohio
- How to Watch on TV: BSOH
|Cubs||-1.5 (+139)||O 9.5 (-114)||-113|
|Reds||+1.5 (-163)||U 9.5 (-111)||-103|
|Pitching Probables: CHC: Assad (R) CIN: Abbott (L)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Cubs vs. Reds, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Chicago Cubs (72-63), led by Cody Bellinger on a two-game home run streak, are -113 favorites on the moneyline to defeat the Cincinnati Reds (70-67). First pitch is set for 6:40 PM ET Saturday, live from Great American Ball Park and airing on BSOH. Javier Assad will get the ball for Chicago while Cincinnati will counter with Andrew Abbott.
Cubs vs. Reds 2023 Key Stats
- The Cubs have the No. 6 offense in MLB action scoring five runs per game (676 total runs).
- The Cubs rank 14th in MLB action with 162 total home runs.
- Chicago has the 14th-ranked batting average in MLB (.252).
- The Cubs rank eighth in MLB with an on-base percentage of .328.
- Chicago is 15th in MLB, slugging .416.
- The Reds are among the highest scoring teams in the majors, ranking 10th with 646 total runs this season.
- Cincinnati has hit 155 homers this season, which ranks 18th in the majors.
- The Reds have a team batting average of .247 this season, which ranks 18th among MLB teams.
- Cincinnati has an on-base percentage of .323 this season, which ranks 14th in the majors.
- The Reds are 16th in MLB with a slugging percentage of .409 this season.
Cubs vs. Reds Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Cubs have won 59.7% of the games this season when they were the moneyline favorite (40-27).
- In games it has played as moneyline favorites with odds of -113 or shorter, Chicago has a 36-23 record (winning 61% of its games).
- The implied moneyline probablility in this matchup gives the Cubs a 53.1% chance to win.
- Chicago has played in 115 games with over/under set, and have combined with opponents to go over the total 60 times (60-55-0).
- The Cubs have gone 58-60-0 ATS this season.
- The Reds have won 48, or 50%, of the 96 games they’ve played as underdogs this season.
- Cincinnati has a record of 40-44, a 47.6% win rate, when it’s set as an underdog of -103 or more by oddsmakers this season.
- The Reds have a 50.7% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- Cincinnati and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 56 of its 119 opportunities.
- The Reds are 71-48-0 against the spread this season.
|Javier Assad (CHC)||Pitcher||Andrew Abbott (CIN)|
|3 – 2||W/L||8 – 4|
Cubs Key Hitters
- Bellinger leads Chicago in batting average (.320), home runs (22) and runs batted in (81) this season.
- Bellinger ranks 38th in homers and 24th in RBI among all batters in baseball.
- Bellinger is batting .300 with two homers during his last five outings and is on a three-game hitting streak.
- Nico Hoerner has 146 hits and an OBP of .342 to go with a slugging percentage of .394 this season.
- Hoerner is 206th in homers and 79th in RBI this year.
- Ian Happ has collected 118 base hits, an OBP of .364 and a slugging percentage of .424 this season.
- Happ will look to add one more to his 10-game hit streak. During his last five games, he has a batting average of .389 with two homers.
- Jeimer Candelario has 120 hits and an OBP of .341 to go with a slugging percentage of .475 this season.
Reds Key Hitters
- Spencer Steer has collected a team-high 72 runs batted in.
- In all of the majors, Steer ranks 81st in home runs and 40th in RBI.
- TJ Friedl is hitting .268 to pace his team.
- Friedl ranks 175th overall in homers and 137th in RBI this year.
- Jake Fraley is batting .269 with 16 doubles, 15 home runs and 33 walks.
- Hunter Renfroe has hit 19 home runs to lead his team.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!