MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Friday, September 22, 2023 at 2:20 PM ET
- Where: Wrigley Field in Chicago, Illinois
- How to Watch on TV: MLB Network
|Cubs||-1.5 (-101)||O 9.5 (+107)||-204|
|Rockies||+1.5 (-116)||U 9.5 (-136)||+171|
|Pitching Probables: CHC: Taillon (R) COL: Davis (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Cubs vs. Rockies, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
One team will end a losing skid when the 79-74 Chicago Cubs (two-game losing streak) and the 56-96 Colorado Rockies (four-game losing streak) meet Friday at 2:20 PM ET. The Cubs have been set as -204 favorites by sportsbooks for the contest at Wrigley Field. Jameson Taillon will get the ball for Chicago while Colorado will counter with Noah Davis.
Cubs vs. Rockies 2023 Key Stats
- The Cubs score the seventh-most runs in baseball (776 total, 5.1 per game).
- The Cubs average 1.2 home runs per game to rank 14th in MLB play with 185 total home runs.
- Chicago has the 10th-best batting average in MLB (.255).
- The Cubs are fifth in baseball with an on-base percentage of .330.
- Chicago’s .421 slugging percentage is 11th in baseball.
- The Rockies have scored the 19th-most runs in the league this season with 678 (4.5 per game).
- Colorado has hit just 146 homers this season, which ranks 28th in the majors.
- The Rockies have a team batting average of .249 this season, which ranks 16th among MLB teams.
- Colorado has an OBP of .310 this season, which ranks 25th in MLB.
- The Rockies rank 20th in the majors with a .400 team slugging percentage.
Cubs vs. Rockies Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Cubs have won 55.4% of the games this season when they were favored on the moneyline (46-37).
- Chicago has played as moneyline favorites of -204 or shorter in just two games this season, which it won both.
- Based on this matchup’s moneyline, the Cubs have an implied win probability of 67.1%.
- Chicago has played in 130 games with set over/under, and have combined with opponents to go over the total 65 times (65-65-0).
- The Cubs have a 64-71-0 record against the spread this season (covering 47.4% of the time).
- The Rockies have entered the game as underdogs 129 times this season and won 48, or 37.2%, of those games.
- Colorado has a record of 15-45 in games where sportsbooks have it as underdogs of at least +171 on the moneyline.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 36.9% chance of a victory for the Rockies.
- Colorado and its opponents have hit the over in 61 of its 133 games with a total this season.
- The Rockies have an ATS record of 70-64-0 in 134 games with a spread this season.
|Jameson Taillon (CHC)||Pitcher||Noah Davis (COL)|
|7 – 10||W/L||0 – 2|
Cubs Key Hitters
- Cody Bellinger is batting .311 with 26 home runs and 94 RBI. All three of those stats are tops among Chicago hitters this season.
- Bellinger ranks 34th in home runs and 19th in RBI among all hitters in Major League Baseball.
- Bellinger enters this game on a three-game hitting streak. Over the course of his last five games, he’s hitting .227 with one homer.
- Nico Hoerner has collected 171 hits this season and has an OBP of .350. He’s slugging .392 on the year.
- Among all MLB batters, Hoerner is 228th in home runs and 92nd in RBI.
- Ian Happ has collected 136 base hits, an OBP of .362 and a slugging percentage of .423 this season.
- Happ will look to add one more to his seven-game hit streak. In his last five games, he has a batting average of .409 with one homer.
- Dansby Swanson has 134 hits and an OBP of .328 to go with a slugging percentage of .428 this season.
Rockies Key Hitters
- Ryan McMahon has launched a team-high 23 home runs.
- In all of MLB, McMahon ranks 58th in homers and 77th in RBI.
- Ezequiel Tovar has capitalized on opportunities as he paces his team with 73 runs batted in.
- Tovar is 139th among hitters in the majors in homers, and 67th in RBI.
- Elias Diaz leads the Rockies with a .269 batting average.
- Nolan Jones is batting .283 with 20 doubles, four triples, 17 home runs and 45 walks.
- Jones enters this game on a four-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .563 with a double, a home run, six walks and two RBI.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!