MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Saturday, September 2, 2023 at 7:10 PM ET
- Where: Guaranteed Rate Field in Chicago, Illinois
- How to Watch on TV: NBCS-CHI
|White Sox||-1.5 (-178)||O 8.5 (-121)||-109|
|Tigers||+1.5 (+151)||U 8.5 (-104)||-106|
|Pitching Probables: CHW: Clevinger (R) DET: Olson (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on White Sox vs. Tigers, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Chicago White Sox (53-82) and Detroit Tigers (61-74) meet Saturday at Guaranteed Rate Field, starting at 7:10 PM ET on NBCS-CHI. The White Sox are -109 moneyline favorites for the contest, however, the Tigers are favored against the spread of 1.5 runs with +151 odds. Mike Clevinger starts for Chicago while Reese Olson is Detroit’s starter for the contest.
White Sox vs. Tigers 2023 Key Stats
- The White Sox are the 25th-highest scoring team in MLB action averaging 4.1 runs per game (560 total).
- The White Sox rank 19th in baseball with 149 home runs. They average 1.1 per game.
- Chicago is 21st in MLB with a .241 batting average.
- The White Sox rank last in baseball with an on-base percentage of .296.
- Chicago ranks 24th in baseball with a .391 slugging percentage.
- The Tigers have scored the 29th-most runs in the league this season with just 531 (3.9 per game).
- Detroit has hit 137 homers this season, which ranks 24th in the majors.
- The Tigers have a team batting average of just .233 this season, which ranks 28th among MLB teams.
- Detroit has an on-base percentage of .300 this season, which ranks 28th in baseball.
- The Tigers are 29th in MLB with a slugging percentage of only .377 this season.
White Sox vs. Tigers Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The White Sox have an 18-17 record in games they were listed as the moneyline favorite (winning 51.4% of those games).
- Chicago has a 19-17 record (winning 52.8% of its games) when it has played as moneyline favorites of -109 or shorter.
- Based on this game’s moneyline, the White Sox have an implied win probability of 52.2%.
- Chicago has combined with opponents to go over the total 53 times this season for a 53-63-0 record against the over/under.
- The White Sox have a 59-63-0 record against the spread this season (covering 48.4% of the time).
- The Tigers have been underdogs in 103 games this season and won 46 (44.7%) of those contests.
- Detroit is 43-57 this season when entering a game as the underdog by -106 or more on the moneyline.
- Oddsmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Tigers have a 51.5% chance to win.
- Detroit and its opponents have hit the over in 58 of its 121 games with a total this season.
- The Tigers have an ATS record of 66-57-0 in 123 games with a spread this season.
|Mike Clevinger (CHW)||Pitcher||Reese Olson (DET)|
|6 – 6||W/L||2 – 6|
White Sox Key Hitters
- Luis Robert leads Chicago in home runs (35) and runs batted in (71) this season while batting .272.
- Robert ranks sixth in MLB in home runs, and 41st in RBI.
- Robert will look to extend his five-game hitting streak. He’s batting .474 with one homer during his last five games.
- Andrew Benintendi’s batting average of .274 leads all Chicago hitters this season.
- Among all MLB hitters, Benintendi is 290th in home runs and 187th in RBI.
- Benintendi will look to extend his two-game hit streak. Over the course of his last five outings, he’s batting .238.
- Andrew Vaughn is slashing .259/.319/.430 this season for the White Sox.
- Vaughn is batting .324 with one homer in his last 10 outings while also on a three-game hitting streak.
- Eloy Jimenez has 100 hits and an OBP of .322 to go with a slugging percentage of .449 this season.
- Jimenez enters this game on a three-game hitting streak. During his last five games he’s hitting .316.
Tigers Key Hitters
- Spencer Torkelson paces the Tigers with 24 home runs and 70 runs batted in.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Torkelson’s home run total puts him 29th, and his RBI total ranks 46th.
- Kerry Carpenter is hitting .283 with 12 doubles, a triple, 20 home runs and 24 walks.
- Carpenter ranks 61st in home runs and 101st in RBI among all major league hitters this year.
- Riley Greene is hitting .288 with 19 doubles, four triples, 11 home runs and 35 walks.
- Greene has safely hit in two straight games. In his last five games he is batting .211 with a walk and three RBI.
- Zach McKinstry is hitting .237 with 18 doubles, four triples, eight home runs and 39 walks.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!