MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Saturday, May 13, 2023 at 7:15 PM ET
- Where: Guaranteed Rate Field in Chicago, Illinois
- How to Watch on TV: FOX
|White Sox||-1.5 (+156)||O 8.5 (-121)||-125|
|Astros||+1.5 (-185)||U 8.5 (-104)||+106|
|Pitching Probables: CHW: Cease (R) HOU: Bielak (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on White Sox vs. Astros, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Houston Astros (20-18) will look to Yordan Alvarez, with homers in two straight games, to pull off an upset win over the Chicago White Sox (13-27) Saturday at Guaranteed Rate Field. The White Sox are -125 moneyline favorites for the game, which starts at 7:15 PM ET live on FOX. Chicago’s Dylan Cease and Houston’s Brandon Bielak have been named the starters for this contest.
White Sox vs. Astros 2023 Key Stats
- The White Sox have the No. 15 offense in MLB action scoring 4.2 runs per game (169 total runs).
- The White Sox are 17th in baseball with 41 home runs. They average 1.0 per game.
- Chicago is 22nd in MLB with a .235 batting average.
- The White Sox rank 28th in baseball with a .298 on-base percentage.
- Chicago’s .381 slugging percentage ranks 22nd in baseball.
- The Astros rank 17th in the majors with 166 total runs scored this season.
- Houston ranks 25th in Major League Baseball with 34 home runs.
- The Astros rank 19th in MLB with a .238 team batting average.
- Houston has the 22nd-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.309).
- The Astros are 27th in MLB with a slugging percentage of only .367 this season.
White Sox vs. Astros Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The White Sox have won 42.9% of the games this season when they were the moneyline favorite (3-4).
- Chicago has gone 3-4 (winning 42.9% of its games) when it has played as moneyline favorites of -125 or shorter.
- The implied moneyline probablility in this matchup gives the White Sox a 55.6% chance to win.
- Chicago has played in 27 games with over/under set, and have combined with opponents to go over the total 13 times (13-14-0).
- The White Sox have a 10-20-0 record ATS this season (covering only 33.3% of the time).
- This season, the Astros have been the underdog 10 times and won eight of those games.
- Houston is 4-2 this season when entering a game as the underdog by +106 or more on the moneyline.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 48.5% chance of a victory for the Astros.
- So far this season, Houston and its opponents have hit the over in 12 of its 27 games with a total.
- The Astros are 13-12-0 against the spread in their 25 chances this season.
|Dylan Cease (CHW)||Pitcher||Brandon Bielak (HOU)|
|2 – 2||W/L||0 – 1|
White Sox Key Hitters
- Andrew Vaughn leads Chicago in runs batted in with 29 while batting .248.
- Of all MLB hitters, Vaughn is 97th in batting average, 73rd in on-base percentage, and 83rd in slugging.
- Luis Robert leads Chicago in home runs with nine while driving in 24 runs and slugging .517.
- Robert ranks 10th in home runs and 24th in RBI among all hitters this season.
- Robert has a batting average of .278 with two homers over the course of his last five outings and is on a two-game hit streak.
- Andrew Benintendi has 36 hits this season and a slash line of .255/.309/.312.
- Yasmani Grandal leads Chicago with a .270 batting average. He’s also hit three homers and has 11 RBI.
- Grandal will look to extend his two-game hitting streak. He’s batting .294 during his last five games.
Astros Key Hitters
- Alvarez leads the Astros with nine home runs and 35 runs batted in.
- Alvarez’s home run total ranks 10th in the big leagues, and he is second in RBI.
- Alvarez has hit safely in nine games in a row. During his last 10 outings he is hitting .306 with three doubles, three home runs, four walks and eight RBI.
- Kyle Tucker is batting .263 with five doubles, six home runs and 21 walks.
- Tucker ranks 53rd among batters in MLB in homers, and 22nd in RBI.
- Tucker brings a two-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .167 with a double, two walks and two RBI.
- Alex Bregman is batting .201 with four doubles, a triple, four home runs and 25 walks.
- Jeremy Pena has nine doubles, six home runs and seven walks while batting .242.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!