MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Sunday, May 21, 2023 at 2:10 PM ET
- Where: Guaranteed Rate Field in Chicago, Illinois
- How to Watch on TV: NBCS-CHI
|White Sox||-1.5 (+105)||O 9.5 (-112)||-196|
|Royals||+1.5 (-123)||U 9.5 (-113)||+165|
|Pitching Probables: CHW: Lynn (R) KC: Hernandez (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on White Sox vs. Royals, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Kansas City Royals (14-33 look to avoid the sweep when they visit the Chicago White Sox (18-29) in the final game of a three-game set. Sportsbooks have listed the White Sox as -196 favorites, while the Royals are +165 underdogs to pick up a win. Lance Lynn will get the ball for Chicago while Kansas City will counter with Carlos Hernandez.
White Sox vs. Royals 2023 Key Stats
- The White Sox rank 19th in runs scored with 198, 4.2 per game.
- The White Sox average 1.1 home runs per game to rank 17th in MLB play with 50 total home runs.
- Chicago’s .242 batting average ranks 18th in the majors.
- The White Sox’s .302 on-base percentage is the fourth-worst in MLB.
- Chicago is 18th in MLB, slugging .393.
- The Royals have scored 183 runs (3.9 per game) this season, which ranks 25th in MLB.
- Kansas City’s 45 home runs rank 22nd in Major League Baseball.
- The Royals have a team batting average of .230 this season, which ranks 24th among MLB teams.
- Kansas City has an on-base percentage of .293 this season, which ranks 29th in baseball.
- Fueled by 138 extra-base hits, the Royals rank 21st in MLB with a .383 slugging percentage this season.
White Sox vs. Royals Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The White Sox have won seven of the 12 games they were favored on the moneyline this season (58.3%).
- Chicago has played as moneyline favorites of -196 or shorter in just one game this season, which it won.
- Based on this matchup’s moneyline, the White Sox have an implied win probability of 66.2%.
- In the 33 games in which oddsmakers have set an over/under for Chicago, it has combined with opponents to go over the total 15 times (15-18-0).
- The White Sox are 16-21-0 ATS this season.
- This season, the Royals have been the underdog 31 times and won 10, or 32.3%, of those games.
- Kansas City has a record of 3-11, a 21.4% win rate, when it’s set as an underdog of +165 or more by bookmakers this season.
- The implied probability of a win by the Royals, based on the moneyline, is 37.7%.
- Kansas City and its opponents have hit the over in 16 of its 32 games with a total this season.
- In 34 games with a spread this season, the Royals are 16-18-0 ATS.
|Lance Lynn (CHW)||Pitcher||Carlos Hernandez (KC)|
|2 – 5||W/L||0 – 1|
White Sox Key Hitters
- Luis Robert leads Chicago with 12 home runs this season. He’s batting .267 with 28 RBI.
- Robert’s home runs rank him eighth in MLB, and he ranks 31st in RBI.
- Andrew Vaughn is a key run producer for Chicago with a .234 average, five homers and 31 RBI.
- Vaughn ranks 107th in Major League Baseball in homers, and 19th in RBI.
- Andrew Benintendi’s batting average of .279 leads all Chicago hitters this season.
- Benintendi enters this game on a seven-game hit streak. He’s batting .368 in his last five games.
- Jake Burger has collected 26 hits this season and has an OBP of .354. He’s slugging .719 on the year.
- Burger is batting .500 with two homers in his last five games. He also comes into Sunday’s game looking to extend his six-game hitting streak.
Royals Key Hitters
- Vinnie Pasquantino is batting .257 with 13 doubles, eight home runs and 21 walks.
- Among all batters in the big leagues, Pasquantino is 35th in home runs and 88th in RBI.
- Salvador Perez’s 10 home runs, 26 RBI and .288 batting average all pace his team.
- Perez currently is 17th in homers and 42nd in RBI in the big leagues.
- Bobby Witt Jr. is hitting .230 with seven doubles, four triples, seven home runs and 11 walks.
- Edward Olivares is batting .226 with six doubles, two triples, three home runs and nine walks.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!