MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Monday, May 8, 2023 at 7:40 PM ET
- Where: Kauffman Stadium in Kansas City, Missouri
- How to Watch on TV: BSKC
|White Sox||-1.5 (+118)||O 8.5 (-120)||-135|
|Royals||+1.5 (-138)||U 8.5 (-105)||+115|
|Pitching Probables: CHW: Cease (R) KC: Greinke (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on White Sox vs. Royals, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Chicago White Sox (12-23), led by Hanser Alberto on a two-game home run streak, are -135 favorites on the moneyline to defeat Freddy Fermin (homers in two straight contests) and the Kansas City Royals (9-26). First pitch is at 7:40 PM ET on Monday, live from Kauffman Stadium and airing on BSKC. Chicago’s Dylan Cease gets the start, and he’ll go against Kansas City’s Zack Greinke.
White Sox vs. Royals 2023 Key Stats
- The White Sox have the No. 13 offense in MLB play scoring 4.4 runs per game (155 total runs).
- The White Sox are 17th in MLB action with 37 home runs. They average 1.1 per game.
- Chicago ranks 18th in MLB with a .241 batting average.
- The White Sox’s .305 on-base percentage ranks 23rd in baseball.
- Chicago is 17th in baseball, slugging .390.
- The Royals have scored the 26th-most runs in the league this season with just 136 (3.9 per game).
- Kansas City ranks 23rd in Major League Baseball with 32 home runs.
- The Royals have a team batting average of .234 this season, which ranks 22nd among MLB teams.
- Kansas City has an on-base percentage of .297 this season, which ranks 29th in baseball.
- Fueled by 103 extra-base hits, the Royals rank 20th in MLB with a .384 slugging percentage this season.
White Sox vs. Royals Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The White Sox have won 50% of the games this season when they were favored on the moneyline (2-2).
- Chicago has not played a game with moneyline odds of -135 or shorter.
- The White Sox have a 57.4% chance to win this contest based on the moneyline’s implied probability.
- Chicago has had an over/under set by bookmakers 22 times, and have combined with opponents to go over the total in 11 of those games (11-11-0).
- The White Sox have a 9-16-0 record ATS this season (covering only 36% of the time).
- The Royals have won six, or 30%, of the 20 games they’ve played as underdogs this season.
- Kansas City has entered 17 games this season as the underdog by +115 or more and is 5-12 in those contests.
- Sportsbooks have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Royals have a 46.5% chance to win.
- Kansas City’s games have gone over the total in 12 of its 21 chances.
- The Royals are 10-13-0 ATS in their 23 games with a spread this season.
|Dylan Cease (CHW)||Pitcher||Zack Greinke (KC)|
|2 – 1||W/L||1 – 4|
White Sox Key Hitters
- Luis Robert leads Chicago with seven home runs this season. He’s batting .260 with 20 RBI.
- Robert’s home runs put him 21st in Major League Baseball, and he is 37th in RBI.
- Robert is batting .563 with two homers during his last five games and is riding a six-game hitting streak.
- Andrew Vaughn leads Chicago in runs batted in (24) this season. He’s batting .248 while slugging .419.
- Vaughn ranks 130th in home runs and 18th in RBI this year.
- Andrew Benintendi has collected 33 base hits, an OBP of .338 and a slugging percentage of .325 this season.
- Benintendi enters this game on a two-game hit streak. He’s batting .227 over the course of his last five games.
- Yasmani Grandal leads Chicago with a .275 batting average. He’s also hit three homers and has 11 RBI.
- Grandal will look to extend his three-game hitting streak. He’s batting .471 over the course of his last five games.
Royals Key Hitters
- Vinnie Pasquantino is batting .276 with 11 doubles, six home runs and 21 walks.
- Pasquantino’s home run total ranks 40th in the majors, and he is 75th in RBI.
- Bobby Witt Jr. is hitting .234 with five doubles, three triples, six home runs and eight walks.
- Witt Jr. is 40th among hitters in the majors in home runs, and 93rd in RBI.
- Witt Jr. heads into this game on a five-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .292 with a double, a triple, two home runs, a walk and five RBI.
- Salvador Perez leads the Royals in home runs (seven), runs batted in (19) and has accumulated a team-best batting average of .290.
- Perez takes a four-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is hitting .350 with two home runs, three walks and three RBI.
- Edward Olivares has six doubles, two triples, two home runs and eight walks while batting .255.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!