MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Tuesday, May 9, 2023 at 7:40 PM ET
- Where: Kauffman Stadium in Kansas City, Missouri
- How to Watch on TV: BSKC
|White Sox||-1.5 (+109)||O 9.5 (-101)||-147|
|Royals||+1.5 (-128)||U 9.5 (-126)||+125|
|Pitching Probables: CHW: Giolito (R) KC: Lyles (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on White Sox vs. Royals, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Chicago White Sox (12-24), led by Gavin Sheets on a two-game home run streak, are -147 favorites on the moneyline to defeat Freddy Fermin (homers in two straight contests) and the Kansas City Royals (10-26). First pitch is at 7:40 PM ET on Tuesday, live from Kauffman Stadium and airing on BSKC. Lucas Giolito will get the ball for Chicago while Kansas City will counter with Jordan Lyles.
White Sox vs. Royals 2023 Key Stats
- The White Sox have the No. 12 offense in baseball scoring 4.4 runs per game (160 total runs).
- The White Sox are 16th in baseball with 38 total home runs.
- Chicago has the 19th-ranked batting average in the majors (.240).
- The White Sox are 23rd in baseball with a .305 on-base percentage.
- Chicago ranks 20th in MLB, slugging .389.
- The Royals have scored 148 runs (4.1 per game) this season, which ranks 20th in MLB.
- Kansas City ranks 23rd in Major League Baseball with 33 home runs.
- The Royals’ .238 batting average ranks 21st in the league this season.
- Kansas City has an OBP of just .302 this season, which ranks 26th in MLB.
- Fueled by 108 extra-base hits, the Royals rank 17th in MLB with a .390 slugging percentage this season.
White Sox vs. Royals Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The White Sox have won 40% of the games this season when they were the moneyline favorite (2-3).
- Chicago has not played a game this season with moneyline odds of -147 or shorter.
- Based on this contest’s moneyline, the White Sox’s implied win probability is 59.5%.
- Chicago has played in 23 games with set over/under, and have combined with opponents to go over the total 12 times (12-11-0).
- The White Sox have covered only 34.6% of their games this season, going 9-17-0 against the spread.
- The Royals have entered the game as underdogs 21 times this season and won seven, or 33.3%, of those games.
- Kansas City has a record of 4-12 in games where oddsmakers have it as underdogs of at least +125 on the moneyline.
- The oddsmakers’ moneyline implies a 44.4% chance of a victory for the Royals.
- Games involving Kansas City have gone over the total set by sportsbooks in 13 of 22 chances this season.
- The Royals are 11-13-0 against the spread this season.
|Lucas Giolito (CHW)||Pitcher||Jordan Lyles (KC)|
|1 – 2||W/L||0 – 5|
White Sox Key Hitters
- Luis Robert leads Chicago with seven home runs this season. He’s batting .262 with 20 RBI.
- Including all hitters in Major League Baseball, Robert is 22nd in homers and 39th in RBI.
- Robert is batting .600 with one homer during his last five outings and is on a seven-game hitting streak.
- Andrew Vaughn leads Chicago in runs batted in (26) this season. He’s batting .246 while slugging .418.
- Vaughn ranks 136th in home runs and 13th in RBI in the bigs.
- Vaughn has a batting average of .182 during his last five outings and is on a two-game hit streak.
- Andrew Benintendi’s batting average of .270 leads all Chicago hitters this season.
- Benintendi is batting .211 in his last 10 games while also on a three-game hitting streak.
- Yasmani Grandal has 28 hits and an OBP of .353 to go with a slugging percentage of .429 this season.
Royals Key Hitters
- Vinnie Pasquantino has 12 doubles, six home runs and 21 walks while batting .280.
- Pasquantino’s home run total ranks 43rd in the big leagues, and he is 71st in RBI.
- Bobby Witt Jr. is hitting .240 with five doubles, three triples, six home runs and eight walks.
- Witt Jr. ranks 43rd in homers and 106th in RBI among all hitters in the big leagues.
- Witt Jr. has hit safely in six straight games. During his last 10 games he is batting .213 with two doubles, a triple, two home runs, two walks and six RBI.
- Salvador Perez paces the Royals in home runs (seven), runs batted in (20) and has a team-best batting average of .291.
- Perez has safely hit in five straight games. In his last five games he is hitting .421 with two home runs, five walks and four RBI.
- Edward Olivares has six doubles, two triples, two home runs and nine walks while batting .255.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!