MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Friday, April 28, 2023 at 6:40 PM ET
- Where: LoanDepot park in Miami, Florida
- How to Watch on TV: BSFL
|Cubs||– ()||O 7.5 (-107)||-117|
|Marlins||+ ()||U 7.5 (-117)||+100|
|Pitching Probables: CHC: Stroman (R) MIA: Luzardo (L)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Cubs vs. Marlins, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Miami Marlins (13-13) are the underdogs on the moneyline (+100) in Friday’s contest versus the Chicago Cubs (14-10). Game time is set for 6:40 PM ET on BSFL. The Marlins are favored against the spread in this one () with odds. Marcus Stroman will get the ball for Chicago while Miami will counter with Jesus Luzardo.
Cubs vs. Marlins 2023 Key Stats
- The Cubs have the No. 5 offense in MLB action scoring 5.6 runs per game (135 total runs).
- The Cubs are eighth-best in MLB play with 33 total home runs.
- Chicago’s .276 batting average is second-best in the majors.
- The Cubs’ .346 on-base percentage is second-best in baseball.
- Chicago ranks second in MLB with a .448 slugging percentage.
- The Marlins are among the lowest scoring teams in the league, ranking 28th with just 85 total runs (3.3 per game) this season.
- Miami ranks 20th in Major League Baseball with 26 home runs.
- The Marlins’ .244 batting average ranks 16th in the league this season.
- Miami has an on-base percentage of .301 this season, which ranks 25th in the majors.
- The Marlins are 19th in MLB with a slugging percentage of .384 this season.
Cubs vs. Marlins Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Cubs have won five of the six games they were the moneyline favorite this season (83.3%).
- Chicago has played in four games as moneyline favorites with odds of -117 or shorter and won each of them.
- The Cubs have a 53.9% chance to win this matchup based on the moneyline’s implied probability.
- Chicago has combined with opponents to hit the over on the total six times this season for a 6-7-0 record against the over/under.
- The Cubs have a 10-4-0 record against the spread this season (covering 71.4% of the time).
- This season, the Marlins have been the underdog eight times and won four of those games.
- Miami has a record of 4-4 when it’s set as an underdog of +100 or more by sportsbooks this season.
- The Marlins have a 50% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- Miami’s games have gone over the total in six of its 13 chances.
- The Marlins are 6-8-0 against the spread this season.
|Marcus Stroman (CHC)||Pitcher||Jesús Luzardo (MIA)|
|2 – 2||W/L||2 – 1|
Cubs Key Hitters
- Nico Hoerner leads Chicago in batting average (.336) this season.
- Hoerner ranks 135th in the majors in home runs, and 41st in RBI.
- Hoerner is batting .227 with one homer during his last five outings and is riding a three-game hitting streak.
- Patrick Wisdom leads Chicago in home runs (nine) and runs batted in (18) this season while batting .241.
- Wisdom ranks third in homers and 21st in RBI among all hitters in Major League Baseball.
- Ian Happ is slashing .302/.408/.477 this season for the Cubs.
- Happ will look to add one more to his two-game hit streak. In his last five games, he has a batting average of .294.
- Yan Gomes has collected 18 hits this season and has an OBP of .311. He’s slugging .576 on the year.
- Gomes will look to extend his four-game hitting streak. He’s batting .400 with two homers during his last five games.
Marlins Key Hitters
- Luis Arraez has racked up a team-best batting average of .425.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Arraez ranks 217th in home runs and 145th in RBI.
- Jorge Soler has hit five home runs to lead his team.
- Soler is 25th in homers and 124th in RBI among all batters in MLB.
- Jon Berti is batting .237 with four doubles, two home runs and six walks.
- Berti heads into this matchup on a five-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .308 with a double, a home run, two walks and two RBI.
- Jazz Chisholm has shown his power as he leads his team with five home runs.
- Chisholm has hit safely in three games in a row. During his last five outings he is hitting .250 with two home runs, a walk and three RBI.
ClutchBet is Iowa’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!