MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Sunday, April 30, 2023 at 12:05 PM ET
- Where: LoanDepot park in Miami, Florida
- How to Watch on TV: Peacock
|Pitching Probables: CHC: Steele (L) MIA: Hoeing (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Cubs vs. Marlins, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
Nico Hoerner, batting .333 this season, leads the Chicago Cubs (14-12) into a matchup with one of the league’s other top hitters, Luis Arraez (.442 AVG) and the Miami Marlins (15-13). Hoerner and the Cubs are -172 favorites on the moneyline for the matchup at LoanDepot park, beginning at 12:05 PM ET live on Peacock. Chicago’s Justin Steele gets the start, and he’ll go against Miami’s Bryan Hoeing.
Cubs vs. Marlins 2023 Key Stats
- The Cubs have the No. 6 offense in MLB action scoring 5.5 runs per game (143 total runs).
- The Cubs are seventh-best in MLB play with 36 total home runs.
- Chicago is second in MLB with a .276 batting average.
- The Cubs’ .348 on-base percentage is second-best in baseball.
- Chicago’s .448 slugging percentage is third-best in MLB.
- The Marlins are among the lowest scoring teams in the league, ranking 28th with just 95 total runs (3.4 per game) this season.
- Miami’s 26 home runs rank 21st in Major League Baseball.
- The Marlins have a team batting average of .248 this season, which ranks 13th among MLB teams.
- Miami has an OBP of .309 this season, which ranks 22nd in MLB.
- The Marlins rank 19th in the majors with a .382 team slugging percentage.
Cubs vs. Marlins Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Cubs have been favored on the moneyline seven total times this season. They’ve finished 5-2 in those games.
- Chicago has played as moneyline favorites of -172 or shorter in just one game this season, which it won.
- The Cubs have a 63.2% chance to win this contest based on the moneyline’s implied probability.
- Chicago has combined with opponents to hit the over on the total seven times this season for a 7-8-0 record against the over/under.
- The Cubs have covered 68.8% of their games this season, going 11-5-0 ATS.
- This season, the Marlins have been the underdog nine times and won five of those games.
- This season, Miami has won one of its three games when it’s the underdog by at least +146 on the moneyline.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 40.7% chance of a victory for the Marlins.
- So far this season, Miami and its opponents have hit the over in seven of its 15 games with a total.
- The Marlins are 7-9-0 against the spread this season.
|Justin Steele (CHC)||Pitcher||Bryan Hoeing (MIA)|
|4 – 0||W/L||0 – 1|
Cubs Key Hitters
- Hoerner leads Chicago with a batting average of .333. He’s also hit two home runs with 17 RBI.
- Hoerner is 145th in homers and 32nd in RBI among all hitters in Major League Baseball.
- Hoerner is batting .238 during his last five games and is on a five-game hitting streak.
- Cody Bellinger has collected 26 hits this season and has an OBP of .376. He’s slugging .580 on the year.
- Bellinger is 19th in homers and 41st in RBI among all batters this season.
- Bellinger will look to extend his three-game hit streak. Over the course of his last five games, he’s batting .316 with two homers.
- Patrick Wisdom leads the club in homers (10) and runs batted in (20) this season.
- Ian Happ is batting .301 with an OBP of .411 and a slugging percentage of .462 this season.
Marlins Key Hitters
- Arraez has racked up a team-high batting average of .442.
- Among all hitters in the majors, Arraez’s home run total puts him 228th, and his RBI total ranks 164th.
- Arraez heads into this game on a three-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .500 with a double and five walks.
- Jorge Soler has put his power on display as he leads his team with five home runs.
- Soler is 33rd among hitters in the majors in homers, and 136th in RBI.
- Jazz Chisholm leads the Marlins in home runs (five) and runs batted in (13).
- Chisholm has hit safely in five straight games. In his last five games he is batting .429 with a double, two home runs, a walk and five RBI.
- Jon Berti is batting .228 with four doubles, two home runs and six walks.
ClutchBet is Iowa’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!