MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Friday, May 5, 2023 at 2:20 PM ET
- Where: Wrigley Field in Chicago, Illinois
- How to Watch on TV: MLB Network
|Cubs||-1.5 (+125)||O 9.5 (+101)||-163|
|Marlins||+1.5 (-147)||U 9.5 (-128)||+139|
|Pitching Probables: CHC: Steele (L) MIA: Cabrera (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Cubs vs. Marlins, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
A losing streak will come to an end Friday when the Chicago Cubs (15-16), losers of three straight, take on the Miami Marlins (16-16). The Marlins are hoping to avoid their third loss in a row. The Cubs are -163 favorites to snap out of their slide when the teams hit the field at Wrigley Field, with first pitch at 2:20 PM ET on MLB Network. Chicago’s Justin Steele gets the start, and he’ll go against Miami’s Edward Cabrera.
Cubs vs. Marlins 2023 Key Stats
- The Cubs have the No. 10 offense in MLB play scoring 5.0 runs per game (156 total runs).
- The Cubs rank ninth-best in baseball with 40 total home runs.
- Chicago is third in MLB with a .270 batting average.
- The Cubs are fourth in baseball with a .341 on-base percentage.
- Chicago’s .436 slugging percentage is sixth-best in MLB.
- The Marlins are among the lowest scoring teams in the league, ranking 29th with just 108 total runs (3.4 per game) this season.
- Miami’s 28 home runs rank 23rd in Major League Baseball.
- The Marlins’ .250 batting average ranks 15th in the league this season.
- Miami has an on-base percentage of .309 this season, which ranks 22nd in the majors.
- The Marlins are 21st in MLB with a slugging percentage of .379 this season.
Cubs vs. Marlins Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Cubs have won six of the 12 games they were favored on the moneyline this season (50%).
- Chicago has gone 1-3 when playing as moneyline favorites with odds of -163 or shorter (25% winning percentage).
- The Cubs have a 62% chance to win this contest based on the moneyline’s implied probability.
- Chicago has had an over/under set by bookmakers 20 times, and have combined with opponents to go over the total in seven of those games (7-13-0).
- The Cubs are 12-9-0 ATS this season.
- This season, the Marlins have won six out of the 11 games, or 54.5%, in which they’ve been the underdog.
- Miami has entered five games this season as the underdog by +139 or more and is 3-2 in those contests.
- The implied probability of a win by the Marlins, based on the moneyline, is 41.8%.
- Miami’s games have gone over the total in nine of its 19 chances.
- The Marlins are 8-12-0 ATS in their 20 games with a spread this season.
|Justin Steele (CHC)||Pitcher||Edward Cabrera (MIA)|
|4 – 0||W/L||2 – 2|
Cubs Key Hitters
- Nico Hoerner leads Chicago with a .304 batting average.
- Hoerner’s home runs rank him 177th in baseball, and he ranks 45th in RBI.
- Cody Bellinger has collected 32 hits this season and has an OBP of .369. He’s slugging .570 on the year.
- Among all MLB hitters, Bellinger is 17th in home runs and 45th in RBI.
- Patrick Wisdom leads Chicago in home runs (11) and runs batted in (21) this season while batting .238.
- Ian Happ has 32 hits and an OBP of .424 to go with a slugging percentage of .467 this season.
Marlins Key Hitters
- Luis Arraez has accumulated a team-high batting average of .424.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Arraez’s home run total puts him 249th, and his RBI total ranks 139th.
- Arraez heads into this game on a seven-game hitting streak. During his last 10 outings he is hitting .400 with two doubles, six walks and five RBI.
- Jorge Soler has hit six home runs with 13 RBI. Both are team-highs.
- Soler is 32nd in home runs and 116th in RBI among all MLB batters this season.
- Jon Berti is batting .261 with four doubles, two home runs and nine walks.
- Jazz Chisholm’s 13 runs batted in lead his team.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!