MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Saturday, May 6, 2023 at 2:20 PM ET
- Where: Wrigley Field in Chicago, Illinois
- How to Watch on TV: MLB Network
|Cubs||-1.5 (+118)||O 9.5 (-109)||-178|
|Marlins||+1.5 (-138)||U 9.5 (-116)||+151|
|Pitching Probables: CHC: Smyly (L) MIA: Hoeing (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Cubs vs. Marlins, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
Entering Saturday’s matchup with the Chicago Cubs (16-16), the Miami Marlins (16-17) are on a four-game losing streak. The contest starts at 2:20 PM ET on MLB Network with the Cubs listed as -178 favorites, while the are +151 underdogs who may be heading for a fifth straight defeat. Chicago’s Drew Smyly and Miami’s Bryan Hoeing have been named the starters for this contest.
Cubs vs. Marlins 2023 Key Stats
- The Cubs score the ninth-most runs in baseball (160 total, five per game).
- The Cubs rank ninth-best in MLB play with 41 total home runs.
- Chicago is third in the majors with a .269 batting average.
- The Cubs rank fifth in MLB with an on-base percentage of .340.
- Chicago is sixth in MLB with a .435 slugging percentage.
- The Marlins are among the lowest scoring teams in the league, ranking 29th with just 109 total runs (3.3 per game) this season.
- Miami’s 28 home runs rank 25th in Major League Baseball.
- The Marlins rank 14th in MLB with a .250 team batting average.
- Miami has an on-base percentage of .308 this season, which ranks 23rd in the majors.
- The Marlins rank 23rd in the majors with a .376 team slugging percentage.
Cubs vs. Marlins Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Cubs have won 53.8% of the games this season when they were the moneyline favorite (7-6).
- In games it has played as moneyline favorites with odds of -178 or shorter, Chicago has a 1-3 record (winning just 25% of its games).
- Based on this matchup’s moneyline, the Cubs have an implied win probability of 64%.
- Chicago has combined with opponents to hit the over on the total seven times this season for a 7-14-0 record against the over/under.
- The Cubs have a 13-9-0 record ATS this season (covering 59.1% of the time).
- This season, the Marlins have won six out of the 12 games, or 50%, in which they’ve been the underdog.
- Miami has entered three games this season as the underdog by +151 or more and is 1-2 in those contests.
- The sportsbooks’ moneyline implies a 39.8% chance of a victory for the Marlins.
- Miami and its opponents have gone over the total this season in nine of its 20 opportunities.
- The Marlins are 8-13-0 ATS in their 21 games with a spread this season.
|Drew Smyly (CHC)||Pitcher||Bryan Hoeing (MIA)|
|3 – 1||W/L||0 – 1|
Cubs Key Hitters
- Nico Hoerner leads Chicago with a .309 batting average.
- Hoerner’s home runs rank him 181st in baseball, and he is 46th in RBI.
- Hoerner enters this game on a two-game hitting streak. During his last five outings, he’s hitting .200.
- Cody Bellinger is batting .297 with an OBP of .365 and a slugging percentage of .568 this season.
- Bellinger ranks 17th in homers and 46th in RBI among all hitters this season.
- Bellinger has a batting average of .300 during his last five outings and is riding a two-game hit streak.
- Ian Happ has collected 33 base hits, an OBP of .426 and a slugging percentage of .491 this season.
- Patrick Wisdom leads Chicago in home runs (11) and runs batted in (21) this season while batting .229.
Marlins Key Hitters
- Luis Arraez has accumulated a team-best batting average of .437.
- In all of the majors, Arraez ranks 249th in homers and 144th in RBI.
- Arraez has safely hit in eight games in a row. In his last 10 games he is hitting .457 with two doubles, five walks and three RBI.
- Jorge Soler has put his power on display as he paces his team with six home runs and 13 RBI.
- Soler ranks 35th in homers and 121st in RBI among all MLB hitters this season.
- Jon Berti is batting .271 with four doubles, two home runs and nine walks.
- Berti enters this game on a two-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .471 with three walks.
- Jazz Chisholm has capitalized on opportunities as he paces his team with 13 runs batted in.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!