MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Wednesday, May 24, 2023 at 7:40 PM ET
- Where: Wrigley Field in Chicago, Illinois
- How to Watch on TV: MLB Network
|Cubs||-1.5 (-204)||O 6.5 (-123)||-113|
|Mets||+1.5 (+171)||U 6.5 (-103)||-103|
|Pitching Probables: CHC: Stroman (R) NYM: Senga (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Cubs vs. Mets, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Chicago Cubs (21-26) are favored on the moneyline (-113) in Wednesday’s contest versus the New York Mets (25-24). Game time is at 7:40 PM ET on MLB Network. The Mets, with +171 odds, are favored against the spread (1.5). Marcus Stroman takes the mound for Chicago while Kodai Senga is New York’s starter for the contest.
Cubs vs. Mets 2023 Key Stats
- The Cubs have the No. 12 offense in MLB play scoring 4.8 runs per game (227 total runs).
- The Cubs are 10th in MLB play with 61 home runs. They average 1.3 per game.
- Chicago’s .262 batting average is seventh-best in the majors.
- The Cubs rank third in MLB with an on-base percentage of .339.
- Chicago is eighth in baseball, slugging .430.
- The Mets rank 18th in the majors with 209 total runs scored this season.
- New York has hit 55 homers this season, which ranks 15th in the majors.
- The Mets’ .242 batting average ranks 18th in the league this season.
- New York has the 12th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.323).
- The Mets rank 19th in the majors with a .390 team slugging percentage.
Cubs vs. Mets Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Cubs have been favored on the moneyline 17 total times this season. They’ve finished 9-8 in those games.
- Chicago has gone 8-8 (winning 50% of its games) when playing as moneyline favorites of -113 or shorter.
- The implied moneyline probablility in this matchup gives the Cubs a 53.1% chance to win.
- Chicago has played in 34 games with a set over/under, and have combined with its opponents to go over the total 18 times (18-16-0).
- The Cubs have a 20-17-0 record ATS this season (covering 54.1% of the time).
- The Mets have entered the game as underdogs nine times this season and won four of those games.
- New York has a record of 2-5 in games where oddsmakers have it as underdogs of at least -103 on the moneyline.
- The oddsmakers’ moneyline implies a 50.7% chance of a victory for the Mets.
- So far this season, New York and its opponents have hit the over in 17 of its 35 games with a total.
- The Mets are 9-26-0 ATS in their 35 games with a spread this season.
|Marcus Stroman (CHC)||Pitcher||Kodai Senga (NYM)|
|3 – 4||W/L||4 – 2|
Cubs Key Hitters
- Nico Hoerner leads Chicago in batting average (.296) and runs batted in (23) this season.
- Among all MLB hitters, Hoerner is 23rd in batting average, 66th in on-base percentage, and 113th in slugging.
- Dansby Swanson has collected 48 hits this season and has an OBP of .370. He’s slugging .403 on the year.
- Swanson is 151st in home runs and 115th in RBI among all hitters this season.
- Swanson will look to extend his three-game hit streak. Over the course of his last five games, he’s batting .200 with one homer.
- Ian Happ is slashing .283/.407/.434 this season for the Cubs.
- Patrick Wisdom leads Chicago in home runs with 12 and runs batted in with 23.
Mets Key Hitters
- Pete Alonso paces the Mets in home runs (18) and runs batted in (43).
- Alonso is first in homers and fourth in RBI among all batters in MLB.
- Francisco Lindor is hitting .232 with 15 doubles, seven home runs and 17 walks.
- Among all major league hitters, Lindor is 55th in homers and 16th in RBI.
- Brandon Nimmo leads the Mets with a .301 batting average.
- Nimmo enters this game on a five-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .318 with a double, a home run, a walk and an RBI.
- Jeff McNeil is batting .287 with six doubles, a triple, two home runs and 18 walks.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!