MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Tuesday, April 18, 2023 at 9:40 PM ET
- Where: Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum in Oakland, California
- How to Watch on TV: NBCS-CA
|Pitching Probables: CHC: Stroman (R) OAK: Waldichuk (L)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Cubs vs. Athletics, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Oakland Athletics (3-14) serve as underdogs on the moneyline (+148) in Tuesday’s contest with the Chicago Cubs (9-6). The game starts at 9:40 PM ET on NBCS-CA. The Athletics are favored against the spread in this one () with odds. Marcus Stroman will get the ball for Chicago while Oakland will counter with Ken Waldichuk.
Cubs vs. Athletics 2023 Key Stats
- The Cubs are the ninth-highest scoring team in the majors, averaging 5.5 runs per game (83 total).
- The Cubs rank 11th in MLB action with 20 home runs. They average 1.3 per game.
- Chicago has the second-best batting average in MLB (.289).
- The Cubs are fifth in MLB with a .347 on-base percentage.
- Chicago’s .446 slugging percentage is sixth-best in MLB.
- The Athletics have scored the 25th-most runs in the league this season with 63 (3.7 per game).
- Oakland ranks 21st in Major League Baseball with 16 home runs.
- The Athletics’ .235 batting average ranks 23rd in the league this season.
- Oakland has the 21st-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.309).
- The Athletics are 26th in MLB with a slugging percentage of only .362 this season.
Cubs vs. Athletics Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Cubs have been listed as the moneyline favorite only two other times so far this season, and they won both of the games.
- Chicago has never played a game this season with moneyline odds of -175 or shorter.
- Based on this contest’s moneyline, the Cubs have an implied win probability of 63.6%.
- In the six games in which bookmakers have set an over/under for Chicago, it has combined with opponents to go over the total three times (3-3-0).
- The Cubs have collected a 5-1-0 record against the spread this season (covering 83.3% of the time).
- The Athletics have entered the game as underdogs seven times this season and won once.
- Oakland is 1-4 this season when entering a game as the underdog by +148 or more on the moneyline.
- The oddsmakers’ moneyline implies a 40.3% chance of a victory for the Athletics.
- Games involving Oakland have gone over the total set by sportsbooks in five of seven chances this season.
- The Athletics are 2-5-0 ATS in their seven games with a spread this season.
|Marcus Stroman (CHC)||Pitcher||Ken Waldichuk (OAK)|
|2 – 1||W/L||0 – 2|
Cubs Key Hitters
- Patrick Wisdom is batting .288 this season with a team-high eight home runs and 13 RBI.
- Wisdom is first in home runs and 18th in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Wisdom will look to extend his four-game hitting streak. He’s batting .350 with five homers in his last five games.
- Nico Hoerner is batting .338 with an OBP of .394 and a slugging percentage of .385 this season.
- Hoerner is 261st in homers and 219th in RBI among all batters this season.
- Hoerner will look to extend his two-game hit streak. In his last five games, he’s batting .300.
- Cody Bellinger has 18 hits this season and a slash line of .310/.369/.517.
- Bellinger enters this game on a seven-game hit streak. He’s batting .526 in his last five outings with two homers.
- Ian Happ has 18 hits and an OBP of .426 to go with a slugging percentage of .536 this season.
- Happ will look to extend his two-game hitting streak. He’s batting .333 with one homer during his last five outings.
Athletics Key Hitters
- Brent Rooker has a team-high four home runs and 11 runs batted in.
- Rooker’s home run total ranks 13th in MLB, and he is 35th in RBI.
- Esteury Ruiz is hitting .321 to lead his team.
- Among all MLB hitters, Ruiz ranks 261st in home runs and 89th in RBI.
- Ruiz enters this matchup on an eight-game hitting streak. In his last 10 outings he is hitting .382 with a double and five RBI.
- Shea Langeliers has two doubles, three home runs and three walks while hitting .269.
- Langeliers heads into this matchup on a three-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .375 with two doubles, a home run, a walk and four RBI.
- Ramon Laureano is batting .218 with four doubles, a triple, two home runs and five walks.
ClutchBet is Iowa’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!