MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Wednesday, April 19, 2023 at 3:37 PM ET
- Where: Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum in Oakland, California
- How to Watch on TV: NBCS-CA
|Cubs||-1.5 (-357)||O 7.5 (-108)||-158|
|Athletics||+1.5 (+285)||U 7.5 (-112)||+134|
|Pitching Probables: CHC: Steele (L) OAK: Miller (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Cubs vs. Athletics, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Oakland Athletics (3-15) serve as underdogs on the moneyline (+134) in Wednesday’s contest against the Chicago Cubs (10-6). First pitch is at 3:37 PM ET on NBCS-CA. The Athletics are favored against the spread in this one (1.5) with +285 odds. Justin Steele takes the mound for Chicago while Mason Miller is Oakland’s starter for the contest.
Cubs vs. Athletics 2023 Key Stats
- The Cubs score the ninth-most runs in baseball (87 total, 5.4 per game).
- The Cubs are 12th in baseball with 20 home runs. They average 1.3 per game.
- Chicago’s .285 batting average is third-best in the majors.
- The Cubs rank fourth in MLB with an on-base percentage of .346.
- Chicago ranks sixth in baseball, slugging .435.
- The Athletics have scored 63 runs (just 3.5 per game) this season, which ranks 26th in MLB.
- Oakland’s 16 home runs rank 23rd in Major League Baseball.
- The Athletics rank 24th in MLB with a .228 team batting average.
- Oakland has an OBP of .304 this season, which ranks 25th in MLB.
- The Athletics rank 27th in MLB with a team slugging percentage of just .350 this season.
Cubs vs. Athletics Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Cubs have won all three of the games they have been the moneyline favorite this season.
- Chicago has played as moneyline favorites of -158 or shorter in only one game this season, which it won.
- Based on this game’s moneyline, the Cubs’ implied win probability is 61.2%.
- Chicago has had an over/under set by oddsmakers seven times, and have combined with opponents to go over the total in three of those games (3-4-0).
- The Cubs have covered 85.7% of their games this season, going 6-1-0 against the spread.
- This season, the Athletics have been the underdog eight times and won one of those games.
- Oakland is 1-5 this season when entering a game as the underdog by +134 or more on the moneyline.
- Bookmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Athletics have a 42.7% chance to win.
- So far this season, Oakland and its opponents have hit the over in five of its eight games with a total.
- The Athletics are 2-6-0 against the spread in their eight chances this season.
|Justin Steele (CHC)||Pitcher||Mason Miller (OAK)|
|2 – 0||W/L||0 – 0|
Cubs Key Hitters
- Patrick Wisdom is batting .281 this season with a team-high eight home runs and 13 RBI.
- Wisdom is first in homers and 23rd in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Wisdom is batting .348 with five homers during his last five outings and is riding a five-game hitting streak.
- Nico Hoerner is batting .329 with an OBP of .382 and a slugging percentage of .386 this season.
- Hoerner ranks 264th in baseball in homers, and 226th in RBI.
- Hoerner has a batting average of .286 in his last five outings and is riding a three-game hit streak.
- Cody Bellinger has 19 hits this season and a slash line of .302/.357/.492.
- Bellinger will look to add one more to his eight-game hit streak. In his last five outings, he has a batting average of .429 with one homer.
- Ian Happ is batting .311 with an OBP of .411 and a slugging percentage of .508 this season.
- Happ enters this game on a three-game hitting streak. Over the course of his last five outings he’s hitting .364 with one homer.
Athletics Key Hitters
- Brent Rooker paces the Athletics with four home runs and 11 runs batted in.
- Rooker’s home run total ranks 16th in the majors, and he is 43rd in RBI.
- Esteury Ruiz is batting .300 to pace his team.
- Ruiz currently is 264th in home runs and 95th in RBI in the major leagues.
- Shea Langeliers is hitting .269 with two doubles, three home runs and three walks.
- Langeliers has safely hit in three games in a row. In his last five games he is hitting .375 with two doubles, a home run, a walk and four RBI.
- Tony Kemp has two doubles and eight walks while hitting .156.
ClutchBet is Iowa’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!