MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Thursday, August 24, 2023 at 8:10 PM ET
- Where: Guaranteed Rate Field in Chicago, Illinois
- How to Watch on TV: NBCS-CHI
|White Sox||-1.5 (+134)||O 9.5 (-121)||-151|
|Athletics||+1.5 (-158)||U 9.5 (-104)||+129|
|Pitching Probables: CHW: Scholtens (R) OAK: Waldichuk (L)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on White Sox vs. Athletics, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Chicago White Sox will take the field against the Oakland Athletics (36-91) on Thursday. The game begins at 8:10 PM ET on NBCS-CHI, with the White Sox listed as -151 favorites on the moneyline. Chicago’s Jesse Scholtens and Oakland’s Ken Waldichuk have been named the starters for this contest.
White Sox vs. Athletics 2023 Key Stats
- The White Sox have the No. 25 offense in baseball scoring 4.1 runs per game (524 total runs).
- The White Sox average 1.1 home runs per game to rank 21st in baseball with 137 total home runs.
- Chicago ranks 23rd in the majors with a .238 batting average.
- The White Sox are last in MLB with an on-base percentage of .294.
- Chicago has the fifth-lowest slugging percentage in baseball (.386).
- The Athletics have scored the fewest runs in the league this season with just 453 (3.6 per game).
- Oakland has hit 127 homers this season, which ranks 25th in the majors.
- The Athletics rank last in MLB with a team batting average of just .222.
- Oakland has an OBP of just .300 this season, which ranks 28th in MLB.
- The Athletics are 30th in MLB with a slugging percentage of only .364 this season.
White Sox vs. Athletics Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The White Sox have won 16 of the 31 games they were the moneyline favorite this season (51.6%).
- When it has played as moneyline favorites with odds of -151 or shorter, Chicago has a 6-3 record (winning 66.7% of its games).
- Based on this matchup’s moneyline, the White Sox’s implied win probability is 60.2%.
- Chicago has played in 109 games with an over/under set, and have combined with its opponents to go over the total 49 times (49-60-0).
- The White Sox have a 56-58-0 record against the spread this season (covering 49.1% of the time).
- The Athletics have entered the game as underdogs 115 times this season and won 33, or 28.7%, of those games.
- Oakland is 27-70 this season when entering a game as the underdog by +129 or more on the moneyline.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 43.7% chance of a victory for the Athletics.
- So far this season, Oakland and its opponents have hit the over in 60 of its 113 games with a total.
- The Athletics have an ATS record of 56-58-0 in 114 games with a spread this season.
|Jesse Scholtens (CHW)||Pitcher||Ken Waldichuk (OAK)|
|1 – 6||W/L||2 – 7|
White Sox Key Hitters
- Luis Robert is batting .266 this season with a team-high 33 home runs and 67 RBI.
- Robert ranks sixth in Major League Baseball in homers, and 42nd in RBI.
- Andrew Benintendi’s batting average of .276 leads all Chicago hitters this season.
- Of all MLB batters, Benintendi ranks 323rd in homers and 205th in RBI.
- Benintendi has a batting average of .444 with one homer during his last five outings and is working on a five-game hit streak.
- Andrew Vaughn has collected 111 base hits, an OBP of .316 and a slugging percentage of .427 this season.
- Eloy Jimenez has collected 90 hits this season and has an OBP of .315. He’s slugging .443 on the year.
Athletics Key Hitters
- Brent Rooker has accumulated a team-best batting average of .245, and paces the Athletics in home runs (21) and runs batted in (54).
- Among all hitters in the majors, Rooker’s home run total puts him 34th, and his RBI total ranks 93rd.
- Esteury Ruiz is batting .244 with 21 doubles, a triple, two home runs and 15 walks.
- Ruiz is 345th among hitters in the majors in homers, and 193rd in RBI.
- Tony Kemp is batting .214 with 12 doubles, three triples, three home runs and 34 walks.
- Ryan Noda has 17 doubles, a triple, 11 home runs and 62 walks while hitting .232.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!