MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Tuesday, April 25, 2023 at 7:40 PM ET
- Where: Wrigley Field in Chicago, Illinois
- How to Watch on TV: MLB Network
|Cubs||-1.5 (-200)||O 7.5 (-119)||-120|
|Padres||+1.5 (+168)||U 7.5 (-106)||+103|
|Pitching Probables: CHC: Steele (L) SD: Snell (L)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Cubs vs. Padres, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Chicago Cubs (12-9) are favored on the moneyline (-120) in Tuesday’s contest versus the San Diego Padres (12-12). Game time is at 7:40 PM ET on MLB Network. The Padres, with +168 odds, are favored against the spread (1.5). Justin Steele will get the ball for Chicago while San Diego will counter with Blake Snell.
Cubs vs. Padres 2023 Key Stats
- The Cubs score the fourth-most runs in baseball (121 total, 5.8 per game).
- The Cubs rank ninth in baseball with 28 home runs. They average 1.3 per game.
- Chicago’s .280 batting average is second-best in the majors.
- The Cubs’ .349 on-base percentage is second-best in baseball.
- Chicago ranks fourth in MLB with a .448 slugging percentage.
- The Padres have scored the 23rd-most runs in the league this season with 92 (3.8 per game).
- San Diego ranks 11th in Major League Baseball with 27 home runs.
- The Padres rank 28th in MLB with a team batting average of just .216.
- San Diego has an OBP of .301 this season, which ranks 25th in MLB.
- Fueled by 70 extra-base hits, the Padres rank 21st in MLB with a .378 slugging percentage this season.
Cubs vs. Padres Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Cubs have yet to lose a game they were the moneyline favorite this season, going 4-0.
- Chicago has won all three games it has played as moneyline favorites with odds of -120 or shorter.
- Based on this game’s moneyline, the Cubs have an implied win probability of 54.5%.
- In the 10 games in which bookmakers have set an over/under for Chicago, it has combined with opponents to go over the total six times (6-4-0).
- The Cubs have collected an 8-3-0 record ATS this season.
- This season, the Padres have been the underdog six times and won two of those games.
- San Diego has a record of 1-3 when it’s set as an underdog of +103 or more by sportsbooks this season.
- Bookmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Padres have a 49.3% chance to win.
- So far this season, San Diego and its opponents have hit the over in five of its 13 games with a total.
- The Padres have an ATS record of 6-7-0 in 13 games with a spread this season.
|Justin Steele (CHC)||Pitcher||Blake Snell (SD)|
|3 – 0||W/L||0 – 3|
Cubs Key Hitters
- Nico Hoerner leads Chicago with a batting average of .355. He’s also hit two home runs with 11 RBI.
- Hoerner’s home runs rank him 115th in baseball, and he ranks 75th in RBI.
- Cody Bellinger has collected 24 hits this season and has an OBP of .380. He’s slugging .550 on the year.
- Bellinger is 19th in home runs and 28th in RBI among all batters in MLB.
- Patrick Wisdom leads Chicago in home runs (nine) and runs batted in (18) this season while batting .256.
- Ian Happ has 23 hits and an OBP of .418 to go with a slugging percentage of .507 this season.
- Happ will look to extend his two-game hitting streak. He’s batting .263 in his last five games.
Padres Key Hitters
- Xander Bogaerts leads the Padres with five home runs and has racked up a team-best batting average of .330.
- In all of MLB, Bogaerts ranks 19th in home runs and 59th in RBI.
- Juan Soto has three doubles, four home runs and 24 walks while hitting .198.
- Among all major league hitters, Soto is 42nd in homers and 115th in RBI.
- Soto enters this game on a two-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .278 with a home run, three walks and an RBI.
- Jake Cronenworth is batting .231 with seven doubles, a triple, three home runs and nine walks.
- Cronenworth has safely hit in two straight games. In his last five games he is batting .313 with three doubles, a triple, a walk and three RBI.
- Trent Grisham is hitting .205 with seven doubles, four home runs and 13 walks.
ClutchBet is Iowa’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!