MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Wednesday, April 26, 2023 at 7:40 PM ET
- Where: Wrigley Field in Chicago, Illinois
- How to Watch on TV: MLB Network
|Cubs||-1.5 (-192)||O 8.5 (+103)||-113|
|Padres||+1.5 (+162)||U 8.5 (-131)||-103|
|Pitching Probables: CHC: Smyly (L) SD: Wacha (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Cubs vs. Padres, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Chicago Cubs (13-9) and San Diego Padres (12-13) meet Wednesday at Wrigley Field, with first pitch at 7:40 PM ET on MLB Network. The Cubs are -113 moneyline favorites for the contest, however, the Padres are favored against the spread of 1.5 runs with +162 odds. Drew Smyly will get the ball for Chicago while San Diego will counter with Michael Wacha.
Cubs vs. Padres 2023 Key Stats
- The Cubs score the fifth-most runs in baseball (127 total, 5.8 per game).
- The Cubs rank 11th in baseball with 29 home runs. They average 1.3 per game.
- Chicago ranks second in the majors with a .278 batting average.
- The Cubs are second in baseball with a .351 on-base percentage.
- Chicago ranks fifth in baseball with a .446 slugging percentage.
- The Padres rank 25th in the majors with 92 total runs scored this season.
- San Diego has hit 27 homers this season, which ranks 16th in the majors.
- The Padres rank 29th in MLB with a team batting average of just .214.
- San Diego has the 25th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.301).
- The Padres rank 23rd in the majors with a .371 team slugging percentage.
Cubs vs. Padres Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Cubs have not yet lost a game they were the moneyline favorite this season, going 5-0.
- Chicago has played four times as moneyline favorites with odds of -113 or shorter, and earned a victory in each game.
- Based on this contest’s moneyline, the Cubs have an implied win probability of 53.1%.
- In the 11 games in which oddsmakers have set an over/under for Chicago, it has combined with opponents to go over the total six times (6-5-0).
- The Cubs have a 9-3-0 record ATS this season.
- The Padres have won two of the seven games they’ve played as underdogs this season.
- San Diego is 2-3 this season when entering a game as the underdog by -103 or more on the moneyline.
- The implied probability of a win by the Padres, based on the moneyline, is 50.7%.
- San Diego and its opponents have gone over the total this season in five of its 14 opportunities.
- The Padres are 6-8-0 against the spread this season.
|Drew Smyly (CHC)||Pitcher||Michael Wacha (SD)|
|2 – 1||W/L||2 – 1|
Cubs Key Hitters
- Nico Hoerner leads Chicago with a batting average of .347. He’s also hit two home runs with 14 RBI.
- Hoerner’s home runs rank him 125th in MLB, and he is 45th in RBI.
- Patrick Wisdom leads Chicago in home runs with nine and runs batted in with 18.
- Wisdom is third in home runs and 18th in RBI among all hitters this season.
- Ian Happ is slashing .295/.411/.487 this season for the Cubs.
- Yan Gomes is batting .309 with an OBP of .316 and a slugging percentage of .582 this season.
- Gomes will look to extend his three-game hitting streak. He’s batting .429 with two homers in his last five outings.
Padres Key Hitters
- Xander Bogaerts leads the Padres with five home runs while accumulating a team-best batting average of .330.
- In all of MLB, Bogaerts is 22nd in home runs and 69th in RBI.
- Juan Soto is hitting .188 with three doubles, four home runs and 24 walks.
- Soto currently ranks 50th in homers and 133rd in RBI in the big leagues.
- Jake Cronenworth is hitting .220 with seven doubles, a triple, three home runs and nine walks.
- Trent Grisham is hitting .198 with seven doubles, four home runs and 14 walks.
ClutchBet is Iowa’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!