MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Sunday, June 4, 2023 at 5:30 PM ET
- Where: PETCO Park in San Diego, California
- How to Watch on TV: SDPA
|Cubs||-1.5 (+146)||O 8.5 (-129)||-108|
|Padres||+1.5 (-172)||U 8.5 (+102)||-107|
|Pitching Probables: CHC: Stroman (R) SD: Weathers (L)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Cubs vs. Padres, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
Following a big two-homer game last time out, Fernando Tatis Jr. leads the San Diego Padres (27-31) into action as -107 underdogs against the Chicago Cubs (25-32). First pitch from PETCO Park at 5:30 PM ET on Sunday, live on SDPA. Chicago’s Marcus Stroman and San Diego’s Ryan Weathers have been named the starters for this contest.
Cubs vs. Padres 2023 Key Stats
- The Cubs have the No. 21 offense in MLB action scoring 4.4 runs per game (250 total runs).
- The Cubs are 11th in MLB play with 67 total home runs.
- Chicago ranks 14th in MLB with a .249 batting average.
- The Cubs are ninth in MLB with an on-base percentage of .328.
- Chicago ranks 16th in baseball with a .404 slugging percentage.
- The Padres have scored the 23rd-most runs in the league this season with 241 (4.2 per game).
- San Diego has hit 67 homers this season, which ranks 11th in the majors.
- The Padres have a team batting average of just .221 this season, which ranks 29th among MLB teams.
- San Diego has an OBP of .314 this season, which ranks 22nd in MLB.
- Fueled by 169 extra-base hits, the Padres rank 25th in MLB with a .384 slugging percentage this season.
Cubs vs. Padres Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Cubs have won 45.5% of the games this season when they were the moneyline favorite (10-12).
- Chicago has gone 10-12 (winning 45.5% of its games) when playing as moneyline favorites of -108 or shorter.
- Based on this contest’s moneyline, the Cubs’ implied win probability is 51.9%.
- Chicago has played in 43 games with set over/under, and have combined with opponents to go over the total 21 times (21-22-0).
- The Cubs have covered 52.2% of their games this season, going 24-22-0 against the spread.
- This season, the Padres have been the underdog 17 times and won six, or 35.3%, of those games.
- This season, San Diego has won six of its 17 games, or 35.3%, when it’s the underdog by at least -107 on the moneyline.
- The implied probability of a win by the Padres, based on the moneyline, is 51.7%.
- Games involving San Diego have gone over the total set by bookmakers in 13 of 46 chances this season.
- The Padres are 22-24-0 against the spread this season.
|Marcus Stroman (CHC)||Pitcher||Ryan Weathers (SD)|
|5 – 4||W/L||1 – 3|
Cubs Key Hitters
- Nico Hoerner leads Chicago with a .282 batting average. He’s also hit four homers and has 26 RBI.
- Hoerner is 185th in homers and 87th in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Dansby Swanson is batting .276 with an OBP of .372 and a slugging percentage of .433 this season.
- Swanson is 109th in homers and 108th in RBI this season.
- Swanson has a batting average of .375 with one homer over the course of his last five games and is riding a two-game hit streak.
- Ian Happ is slashing .267/.381/.401 this season for the Cubs.
- Patrick Wisdom leads Chicago in home runs (14) and runs batted in (28) this season while batting .207.
Padres Key Hitters
- Juan Soto leads the Padres with a .256 batting average.
- Soto ranks 38th in home runs and 87th in RBI among all hitters in the majors.
- Xander Bogaerts has eight doubles, seven home runs and 25 walks while batting .252.
- Bogaerts ranks 88th in home runs and 144th in RBI among all batters in the big leagues.
- Tatis paces the Padres with 11 home runs and 27 runs batted in.
- Tatis enters this matchup on a three-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .333 with three doubles, two home runs, two walks and nine RBI.
- Ha-Seong Kim has nine doubles, five home runs and 25 walks while hitting .244.
- Kim has hit safely in two straight games. During his last five outings he is hitting .385 with two doubles, seven walks and an RBI.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!