MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Tuesday, May 9, 2023 at 7:40 PM ET
- Where: Wrigley Field in Chicago, Illinois
- How to Watch on TV: MARQ
|Cubs||-1.5 (+165)||O 7.5 (-121)||-123|
|Cardinals||+1.5 (-196)||U 7.5 (-104)||+105|
|Pitching Probables: CHC: Taillon (R) STL: Flaherty (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Cubs vs. Cardinals, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Chicago Cubs will take the field against the St. Louis Cardinals (12-24) on Tuesday. The game begins at 7:40 PM ET on MARQ, with the Cubs listed as -123 favorites on the moneyline. Chicago’s Jameson Taillon and St. Louis’ Jack Flaherty have been named the starters for this contest.
Cubs vs. Cardinals 2023 Key Stats
- The Cubs are the 10th-highest scoring team in the majors, averaging 4.8 runs per game (169 total).
- The Cubs average 1.2 home runs per game to rank 11th in baseball with 41 total home runs.
- Chicago’s .265 batting average is sixth-best in the majors.
- The Cubs’ .337 on-base percentage is fifth-best in MLB.
- Chicago ranks 13th in MLB, slugging .418.
- The Cardinals have scored the 13th-most runs in the league this season with 159 (4.4 per game).
- St. Louis ranks 10th in Major League Baseball with 42 home runs.
- The Cardinals’ .256 batting average is among the best in baseball, ranking 10th in MLB.
- St. Louis has the 12th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.325).
- The Cardinals are 14th in MLB with a slugging percentage of .413 this season.
Cubs vs. Cardinals Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Cubs have been favored on the moneyline 15 total times this season. They’ve finished 8-7 in those games.
- Chicago has gone 6-5 (winning 54.5% of its games) when playing as moneyline favorites of -123 or shorter.
- The Cubs have a 55.2% chance to win this game based on the moneyline’s implied probability.
- Chicago has had an over/under set by bookmakers 23 times, and have combined with opponents to go over the total in eight of those games (8-15-0).
- The Cubs have collected a 15-10-0 record against the spread this season (covering 60% of the time).
- The Cardinals have entered the game as underdogs 11 times this season and won twice.
- St. Louis has a record of 2-6 in games where sportsbooks have it as underdogs of at least +105 on the moneyline.
- The bookmakers’ moneyline implies a 48.8% chance of a victory for the Cardinals.
- St. Louis and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 15 of its 25 opportunities.
- The Cardinals are 10-16-0 against the spread this season.
|Jameson Taillon (CHC)||Pitcher||Jack Flaherty (STL)|
|0 – 2||W/L||2 – 4|
Cubs Key Hitters
- Cody Bellinger has been key for Chicago with 37 hits, an OBP of .369 plus a slugging percentage of .556.
- Bellinger’s home runs put him 22nd in baseball, and he is 48th in RBI.
- Bellinger enters this game on a five-game hitting streak. In his last five games, he’s hitting .333.
- Nico Hoerner leads Chicago in batting with a .303 average while slugging two homers and driving in 19 runs.
- Hoerner is 195th in home runs and 48th in RBI in the majors.
- Ian Happ has collected 37 base hits, an OBP of .424 and a slugging percentage of .472 this season.
- Happ will look to add one more to his four-game hit streak. During his last five outings, he has a batting average of .263 with one homer.
- Patrick Wisdom is batting .236 this season with a team-high 11 home runs and 21 RBI.
Cardinals Key Hitters
- Paul Goldschmidt paces the Cardinals with seven home runs while racking up a team-best batting average of .312.
- In all of MLB, Goldschmidt is 22nd in home runs and 39th in RBI.
- Tommy Edman has four doubles, a triple, five home runs and 12 walks while hitting .239.
- Among all major league hitters, Edman ranks 67th in homers and 123rd in RBI.
- Nolan Gorman has a team-best seven home runs and 23 runs batted in.
- Willson Contreras has 10 doubles, two home runs and 13 walks while hitting .264.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!