MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Monday, May 1, 2023 at 7:05 PM ET
- Where: Nationals Park in Washington D.C.
- How to Watch on TV: MASN
|Cubs||-1.5 (+118)||O 8.5 (-117)||-138|
|Nationals||+1.5 (-138)||U 8.5 (-107)||+118|
|Pitching Probables: CHC: Smyly (L) WSH: Gore (L)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Cubs vs. Nationals, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
Following a four-hit effort in a win over the Pirates, Joey Meneses leads the Washington Nationals (10-17) into action as +118 underdogs against the Chicago Cubs (14-13). First pitch from Nationals Park at 7:05 PM ET on Monday, live on MASN. Drew Smyly starts for Chicago while MacKenzie Gore is Washington’s starter for the contest.
Cubs vs. Nationals 2023 Key Stats
- The Cubs score the seventh-most runs in baseball (146 total, 5.4 per game).
- The Cubs rank eighth-best in MLB action with 37 total home runs.
- Chicago has the second-best batting average in the majors (.276).
- The Cubs rank second in baseball with an on-base percentage of .347.
- Chicago’s .448 slugging percentage ranks third-best in MLB.
- The Nationals have scored 104 runs (just 3.9 per game) this season, which ranks 27th in MLB.
- Washington ranks last in Major League Baseball with just 15 home runs as a team.
- The Nationals rank 12th in MLB with a .253 team batting average.
- Washington has an OBP of .321 this season, which ranks 14th in MLB.
- The Nationals rank 28th in MLB with a team slugging percentage of just .351 this season.
Cubs vs. Nationals Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Cubs have won five of the eight games they were the moneyline favorite this season (62.5%).
- When playing as moneyline favorites with odds of -138 or shorter, Chicago has a record of 2-1 (66.7%).
- The Cubs have an implied moneyline win probability of 58% in this game.
- In the 16 games in which oddsmakers have set an over/under for Chicago, it has combined with opponents to go over the total seven times (7-9-0).
- The Cubs have an 11-6-0 record ATS this season.
- The Nationals have entered the game as underdogs 17 times this season and won six, or 35.3%, of those games.
- This season, Washington has won six of its 16 games, or 37.5%, when it’s the underdog by at least +118 on the moneyline.
- The Nationals have a 45.9% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- Washington and its opponents have gone over the total this season in six of its 17 opportunities.
- The Nationals are 11-6-0 ATS in their 17 games with a spread this season.
|Drew Smyly (CHC)||Pitcher||MacKenzie Gore (WSH)|
|2 – 1||W/L||3 – 1|
Cubs Key Hitters
- Nico Hoerner leads Chicago with a batting average of .328. He’s also hit two home runs with 17 RBI.
- Including all hitters in MLB, Hoerner is 152nd in homers and 39th in RBI.
- Hoerner will look to extend his six-game hitting streak. He’s batting .238 during his last five outings.
- Cody Bellinger is batting .297 with an OBP of .371 and a slugging percentage of .604 this season.
- Of all MLB hitters, Bellinger is ninth in homers and 31st in RBI.
- Bellinger will look to extend his four-game hit streak. Over the course of his last five outings, he’s batting .278 with two homers.
- Patrick Wisdom leads Chicago in home runs (10) and runs batted in (20) this season while batting .250.
- Wisdom is batting .200 with two homers during his last 10 games while also on a two-game hitting streak.
- Ian Happ is batting .292 with an OBP of .410 and a slugging percentage of .448 this season.
Nationals Key Hitters
- Jeimer Candelario has a team-best four home runs and 14 runs batted in.
- Among all hitters in the big leagues, Candelario’s home run total puts him 68th, and his RBI total ranks 70th.
- Keibert Ruiz is batting .292 to lead his team.
- Ruiz ranks 152nd among batters in MLB in homers, and 173rd in RBI.
- Luis Garcia has two doubles, a triple, two home runs and five walks while batting .222.
- Victor Robles is hitting .278 with four doubles, a triple and eight walks.
- Robles enters this game on a two-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .235 with a double, two walks and three RBI.
ClutchBet is Iowa’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!