MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Tuesday, May 2, 2023 at 7:05 PM ET
- Where: Nationals Park in Washington D.C.
- How to Watch on TV: MASN
|Cubs||-1.5 (+118)||O 8.5 (-121)||-140|
|Nationals||+1.5 (-138)||U 8.5 (-104)||+120|
|Pitching Probables: CHC: Wesneski (R) WSH: Williams (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Cubs vs. Nationals, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Chicago Cubs will take the field against the Washington Nationals (10-18) on Tuesday. The game begins at 7:05 PM ET on MASN, with the Cubs listed as -140 favorites on the moneyline. Hayden Wesneski gets the starting nod for Chicago while Trevor Williams is Washington’s starter for the contest.
Cubs vs. Nationals 2023 Key Stats
- The Cubs have the No. 6 offense in MLB play scoring 5.4 runs per game (151 total runs).
- The Cubs average 1.4 home runs per game to rank sixth in MLB play with 39 total home runs.
- Chicago has the second-best batting average in the majors (.276).
- The Cubs’ .346 on-base percentage ranks second-best in baseball.
- Chicago’s .451 slugging percentage ranks second-best in baseball.
- The Nationals are among the lowest scoring teams in the league, ranking 27th with just 105 total runs (3.8 per game) this season.
- Washington’s 16 home runs rank last in MLB this season.
- The Nationals have a team batting average of .251 this season, which ranks 12th among MLB teams.
- Washington has an OBP of .317 this season, which ranks 19th in MLB.
- The Nationals rank 27th in MLB with a team slugging percentage of just .350 this season.
Cubs vs. Nationals Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Cubs have been the moneyline favorite nine total times this season. They’ve gone 6-3 in those games.
- Chicago has gone 2-1 (winning 66.7% of its games) when it has played as moneyline favorites of -140 or shorter.
- Based on this matchup’s moneyline, the Cubs’ implied win probability is 58.3%.
- Chicago has played in 17 games with a set over/under, and have combined with its opponents to go over the total seven times (7-10-0).
- The Cubs have put together a 12-6-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Nationals have been underdogs in 18 games this season and won six (33.3%) of those contests.
- Washington has a record of 6-10 in games where bookmakers have it as underdogs of at least +120 on the moneyline.
- Bookmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Nationals have a 45.5% chance to win.
- Washington’s games have gone over the total in six of its 18 chances.
- The Nationals are 11-7-0 ATS in their 18 games with a spread this season.
|Hayden Wesneski (CHC)||Pitcher||Trevor Williams (WSH)|
|2 – 1||W/L||1 – 1|
Cubs Key Hitters
- Nico Hoerner leads Chicago with a batting average of .323. He’s also hit two home runs with 17 RBI.
- Including all hitters in MLB, Hoerner is 158th in homers and 42nd in RBI.
- Hoerner is batting .238 during his last five games and is on a seven-game hitting streak.
- Cody Bellinger has collected 28 hits this season and has an OBP of .373. He’s slugging .589 on the year.
- Bellinger ranks 10th in home runs and 34th in RBI among all hitters in Major League Baseball.
- Bellinger enters this game on a five-game hit streak. He’s hitting .316 during his last five games with two homers.
- Ian Happ is slashing .306/.420/.490 this season for the Cubs.
- Patrick Wisdom is batting .242 this season with a team-high 10 home runs and 20 RBI.
Nationals Key Hitters
- Keibert Ruiz paces the Nationals with a .280 batting average.
- Ruiz ranks 158th in home runs and 178th in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Luis Garcia has three doubles, a triple, two home runs and five walks while hitting .235.
- Garcia currently ranks 158th in homers and 91st in RBI in the big leagues.
- Garcia takes a two-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .333 with a double, a triple and four RBI.
- Jeimer Candelario leads the Nationals in home runs (four) and runs batted in (14).
- Victor Robles is hitting .268 with four doubles, a triple and eight walks.
ClutchBet is Iowa’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!