MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Wednesday, May 3, 2023 at 7:05 PM ET
- Where: Nationals Park in Washington D.C.
- How to Watch on TV: MASN
|Cubs||-1.5 (-117)||O 8.5 (+101)||-196|
|Nationals||+1.5 (+100)||U 8.5 (-128)||+165|
|Pitching Probables: CHC: Stroman (R) WSH: Irvin (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Cubs vs. Nationals, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Chicago Cubs will take the field against the Washington Nationals (11-18) on Wednesday. The game begins at 7:05 PM ET on MASN, with the Cubs listed as -196 favorites on the moneyline. Chicago’s Marcus Stroman gets the start, and he’ll go against Washington’s Jake Irvin.
Cubs vs. Nationals 2023 Key Stats
- The Cubs score the 10th-most runs in baseball (152 total, 5.2 per game).
- The Cubs are seventh in MLB play with 40 home runs. They average 1.4 per game.
- Chicago’s .274 batting average is second-best in the majors.
- The Cubs rank second in MLB with a .345 on-base percentage.
- Chicago ranks sixth in MLB, slugging .448.
- The Nationals have scored the 27th-most runs in the league this season with just 109 (3.8 per game).
- Washington ranks last in Major League Baseball with just 16 home runs as a team.
- The Nationals have a team batting average of .252 this season, which ranks 12th among MLB teams.
- Washington has an on-base percentage of .316 this season, which ranks 19th in the majors.
- The Nationals rank 28th in MLB with a team slugging percentage of just .350 this season.
Cubs vs. Nationals Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Cubs have won six of the 10 games they were the moneyline favorite this season (60%).
- Chicago has not played a game this season with moneyline odds of -196 or shorter.
- The Cubs have a 66.2% chance to win this matchup based on the moneyline’s implied probability.
- Chicago has combined with opponents to hit the over on the total seven times this season for a 7-11-0 record against the over/under.
- The Cubs have covered 63.2% of their games this season, going 12-7-0 against the spread.
- This season, the Nationals have won seven out of the 19 games, or 36.8%, in which they’ve been the underdog.
- Washington has a record of 5-3 when it’s set as an underdog of +165 or more by sportsbooks this season.
- The sportsbooks’ moneyline implies a 37.7% chance of a victory for the Nationals.
- Washington and its opponents have hit the over in six of its 19 games with a total this season.
- In 19 games with a spread this season, the Nationals are 12-7-0 ATS.
|Marcus Stroman (CHC)||Pitcher||Jake Irvin (WSH)|
|2 – 2||W/L||0 – 0|
Cubs Key Hitters
- Cody Bellinger has been key for Chicago with 30 hits, an OBP of .377 plus a slugging percentage of .596.
- Among hitters in baseball, Bellinger is 13th in home runs and 36th in RBI.
- Bellinger will look to extend his six-game hitting streak. He’s batting .316 with two homers in his last five games.
- Nico Hoerner leads Chicago in batting with a .310 average while slugging two homers and driving in 17 runs.
- Hoerner ranks 169th in home runs and 47th in RBI among all hitters this season.
- Patrick Wisdom leads Chicago in home runs with 11 and runs batted in with 21.
- Ian Happ has collected 30 hits this season and has an OBP of .411. He’s slugging .471 on the year.
Nationals Key Hitters
- Luis Garcia has driven in a team-high 14 runs batted in.
- Garcia’s home run total ranks 169th in the big leagues, and he is 78th in RBI.
- Garcia heads into this game on a three-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .286 with a double, a triple and three RBI.
- Jeimer Candelario’s four home runs and 14 RBI both lead his team.
- Among all major league hitters, Candelario ranks 79th in home runs and 78th in RBI.
- Alex Call has three doubles, two home runs and 15 walks while batting .239.
- Keibert Ruiz has four doubles, two home runs and eight walks while hitting .268.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!