MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Thursday, May 4, 2023 at 1:05 PM ET
- Where: Nationals Park in Washington D.C.
- How to Watch on TV: MASN
|Pitching Probables: CHC: Taillon (R) WSH: Corbin (L)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Cubs vs. Nationals, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Chicago Cubs (15-15) are set to take on the Washington Nationals (12-18) Thursday at 1:05 PM ET, airing on MASN. The Cubs are listed as -212 favorites by oddsmakers, while the underdog Nationals have +178 odds for the contest. Chicago’s Jameson Taillon and Washington’s Patrick Corbin have been named the starters for this contest.
Cubs vs. Nationals 2023 Key Stats
- The Cubs score the 10th-most runs in baseball (153 total, 5.1 per game).
- The Cubs average 1.3 home runs per game to rank eighth in MLB action with 40 total home runs.
- Chicago has the second-best batting average in MLB (.272).
- The Cubs’ .345 on-base percentage ranks second-best in baseball.
- Chicago’s .442 slugging percentage ranks sixth-best in baseball.
- The Nationals have scored 111 runs (just 3.7 per game) this season, which ranks 27th in MLB.
- Washington’s 16 home runs rank last in MLB this season.
- The Nationals rank 13th in MLB with a .253 team batting average.
- Washington has an on-base percentage of .317 this season, which ranks 19th in the majors.
- The Nationals are 28th in MLB with a slugging percentage of only .350 this season.
Cubs vs. Nationals Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Cubs have a 6-5 record in games they were favored on the moneyline (winning 54.5% of those games).
- Chicago has never played a game this season with moneyline odds of -212 or shorter.
- Based on this contest’s moneyline, the Cubs have an implied win probability of 67.9%.
- Chicago has played in 19 games with an over/under set, and have combined with its opponents to go over the total seven times (7-12-0).
- The Cubs have put together a 12-8-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Nationals have won eight, or 40%, of the 20 games they’ve played as underdogs this season.
- Washington has a record of 4-3 in games where sportsbooks have it as underdogs of at least +178 on the moneyline.
- The implied probability of a win by the Nationals, based on the moneyline, is 36%.
- Washington and its opponents have hit the over in six of its 20 games with a total this season.
- The Nationals are 13-7-0 against the spread this season.
|Jameson Taillon (CHC)||Pitcher||Patrick Corbin (WSH)|
|0 – 2||W/L||1 – 4|
Cubs Key Hitters
- Nico Hoerner has been key for Chicago with two home runs, 17 RBI and a batting average of .305 this season.
- Of all hitters in MLB, Hoerner’s home run total ranks him 172nd and his RBI tally ranks him 53rd.
- Cody Bellinger has collected 30 hits this season and has an OBP of .364. He’s slugging .573 on the year.
- Bellinger is 14th in home runs and 41st in RBI in the bigs.
- Patrick Wisdom leads Chicago in home runs (11) and runs batted in (21) this season while batting .238.
- Ian Happ leads Chicago in batting average (.308) this season while adding three home runs and 15 RBI.
Nationals Key Hitters
- Victor Robles paces the Nationals with a team-high batting average of .302.
- In all of the majors, Robles is 323rd in homers and 219th in RBI.
- Luis Garcia has three doubles, a triple, two home runs and seven walks while hitting .231.
- Garcia ranks 172nd in homers and 83rd in RBI among all batters in the majors.
- Jeimer Candelario has collected a team-high four home runs.
- Candelario has hit safely in two straight games. During his last five outings he is hitting .222 with two doubles, two walks and two RBI.
- Keibert Ruiz is hitting .257 with four doubles, two home runs and eight walks.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!