MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Friday, May 5, 2023 at 6:40 PM ET
- Where: Great American Ball Park in Cincinnati, Ohio
- How to Watch on TV: Apple TV+
|Reds||-1.5 (-175)||O 8.5 (-128)||-109|
|White Sox||+1.5 (+148)||U 8.5 (+101)||-106|
|Pitching Probables: CIN: Greene (R) CHW: Lynn (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Reds vs. White Sox, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Chicago White Sox (10-22) are the underdogs on the moneyline (-106) in Friday’s contest with the Cincinnati Reds (13-18). Game time is set for 6:40 PM ET on Apple TV+. The White Sox are favored against the spread in this one (1.5) with +148 odds. Hunter Greene will get the ball for Cincinnati while Chicago will counter with Lance Lynn.
Reds vs. White Sox 2023 Key Stats
- The Reds rank 22nd in runs scored with 131, 4.2 per game.
- The Reds have hit 21 home runs this season, the third-lowest total in MLB action.
- Cincinnati’s .245 batting average ranks 16th in MLB.
- The Reds are 13th in MLB with an on-base percentage of .323.
- Cincinnati is slugging .358, the fourth-lowest average in MLB.
- The White Sox have scored 130 runs (4.1 per game) this season, which ranks 23rd in MLB.
- Chicago’s 31 home runs rank 21st in Major League Baseball.
- The White Sox have a team batting average of .235 this season, which ranks 22nd among MLB teams.
- Chicago has an on-base percentage of .300 this season, which ranks 26th in baseball.
- The White Sox rank 24th in the majors with a .374 team slugging percentage.
Reds vs. White Sox Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Reds have been the moneyline favorite five total times this season. They’ve gone 3-2 in those games.
- Cincinnati has gone 3-2 when playing as moneyline favorites with odds of -109 or shorter (60% winning percentage).
- The implied moneyline probablility for this matchup gives the Reds a 52.2% chance to win.
- Cincinnati has had an over/under set by bookmakers 22 times, and have combined with opponents to go over the total in 11 of those games (11-11-0).
- The Reds are 11-10-0 ATS this season.
- The White Sox have entered the game as underdogs 17 times this season and won twice.
- Chicago has a record of 2-15 in games where oddsmakers have it as underdogs of at least -106 on the moneyline.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 51.5% chance of a victory for the White Sox.
- Chicago and its opponents have hit the over in nine of its 19 games with a total this season.
- The White Sox are 8-14-0 ATS in their 22 games with a spread this season.
|Hunter Greene (CIN)||Pitcher||Lance Lynn (CHW)|
|0 – 1||W/L||0 – 4|
Reds Key Hitters
- Jonathan India has been key for Cincinnati with 32 hits, an OBP of .378 plus a slugging percentage of .377.
- India ranks 249th in the majors in homers, and 139th in RBI.
- India is batting .250 during his last five games and is riding a two-game hitting streak.
- Nick Senzel’s three home runs are most among Cincinnati batters. He’s driven in 12 runs this season while slugging .455.
- Jake Fraley is among the top hitters for Cincinnati with a .235 average, two homers and 17 RBI.
- TJ Friedl leads Cincinnati with a .311 batting average.
- Friedl will look to extend his two-game hitting streak. He’s batting .357 in his last five outings.
White Sox Key Hitters
- Andrew Vaughn has racked up a team-high 20 runs batted in.
- Vaughn ranks 118th in home runs and 29th in RBI among all hitters in the big leagues.
- Luis Robert is hitting .218 with seven doubles, six home runs and 10 walks.
- Robert ranks 32nd among hitters in the majors in homers, and 65th in RBI.
- Robert has safely hit in three straight games. During his last five outings he is batting .250 with a double, a home run, six walks and three RBI.
- Andrew Benintendi leads the White Sox with a team-high batting average of .275.
- Benintendi takes a four-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .235 with four walks and an RBI.
- Eloy Jimenez has four doubles, four home runs and 10 walks while hitting .258.
- Jimenez has hit safely in seven games in a row. In his last 10 outings he is batting .325 with a double, two home runs, five walks and eight RBI.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!