MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Wednesday, August 16, 2023 at 6:40 PM ET
- Where: Great American Ball Park in Cincinnati, Ohio
- How to Watch on TV: BSOH
|Reds||-1.5 (+118)||O 9.5 (-114)||-172|
|Guardians||+1.5 (-138)||U 9.5 (-111)||+146|
|Pitching Probables: CIN: Abbott (L) CLE: Syndergaard (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Reds vs. Guardians, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Cleveland Guardians (58-62) seek to complete a series sweep as they take a 1-0 lead into the finale versus the Cincinnati Reds (62-59) at 6:40 PM ET on Wednesday from Great American Ball Park. The Reds are favored (-172) by bookmakers to prevent the sweep and pick up their first win of the series. Andrew Abbott starts for Cincinnati while Noah Syndergaard is Cleveland’s starter for the contest.
Reds vs. Guardians 2023 Key Stats
- The Reds score the eighth-most runs in baseball (581 total, 4.8 per game).
- The Reds average 1.1 home runs per game to rank 14th in MLB play with 139 total home runs.
- Cincinnati has the 13th-ranked batting average in the majors (.251).
- The Reds rank seventh in baseball with a .328 on-base percentage.
- Cincinnati ranks 13th in MLB with a .416 slugging percentage.
- The Guardians are among the lowest scoring teams in the league, ranking 27th with just 488 total runs (4.1 per game) this season.
- Cleveland ranks last in Major League Baseball with just 87 home runs as a team.
- The Guardians’ .250 batting average ranks 16th in the league this season.
- Cleveland has the 23rd-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.312).
- The Guardians are 27th in MLB with a slugging percentage of only .379 this season.
Reds vs. Guardians Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Reds have a 17-13 record in games they were favored on the moneyline (winning 56.7% of those games).
- Cincinnati has gone 3-2 when it has played as moneyline favorites with odds of -172 or shorter (60% winning percentage).
- The implied moneyline probablility for this matchup gives the Reds a 63.2% chance to win.
- In the 103 games in which bookmakers have set an over/under for Cincinnati, it has combined with opponents to go over the total 51 times (51-52-0).
- The Reds have covered 59.2% of their games this season, going 61-42-0 ATS.
- This season, the Guardians have won 20 out of the 53 games, or 37.7%, in which they’ve been the underdog.
- This season, Cleveland has won one of its seven games when it’s the underdog by at least +146 on the moneyline.
- The sportsbooks’ moneyline implies a 40.7% chance of a victory for the Guardians.
- So far this season, Cleveland and its opponents have hit the over in 45 of its 106 games with a total.
- In 106 games with a spread this season, the Guardians are 59-47-0 ATS.
|Andrew Abbott (CIN)||Pitcher||Noah Syndergaard (CLE)|
|7 – 3||W/L||2 – 5|
Reds Key Hitters
- Spencer Steer leads Cincinnati in home runs (18) and runs batted in (66) this season while batting .272.
- Steer ranks 56th in MLB in home runs, and 38th in RBI.
- TJ Friedl leads Cincinnati in batting with a .274 average while slugging 10 homers and driving in 46 runs.
- Friedl ranks 173rd in homers and 120th in RBI in the major leagues.
- Matt McLain has 94 hits this season and a slash line of .294/.360/.500.
- Tyler Stephenson has 89 hits and an OBP of .328 to go with a slugging percentage of .354 this season.
Guardians Key Hitters
- Jose Ramirez leads the Guardians with 18 home runs.
- Ramirez’s home run total ranks 56th in the majors, and he is 40th in RBI.
- Steven Kwan has 27 doubles, five triples, five home runs and 49 walks while hitting .274.
- Kwan is 270th in home runs and 147th in RBI among all batters in the majors.
- Kwan has safely hit in five straight games. In his last five games he is hitting .391 with a double, two triples and three RBI.
- Andres Gimenez is batting .242 with 21 doubles, four triples, 11 home runs and 27 walks.
- Myles Straw is hitting .237 with 15 doubles, three triples, a home run and 36 walks.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!